Moise Bombito

phresh

59 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

After expressing my suspicions personally with Neil deGrasse Tyson, he's confirmed that Bombito's MLS speed record would not have been made if he hadn't been at altitude in Colorado. 

After consultation with Groundskeeper Willie, I’ve been informed that when comparing the speed of various footballers, the condition of the pitch could be a greater factor than the density of the atmosphere.

From MLS.com

"Moise Bombito - Colorado Rapids

Bombito has probably been the league's best center back this season. His recovery speed is elite; he’s very hard to get away from and puts out fires. He’s strong on set pieces, aggressive in the air and dangerous in the box. He’s got a bright, bright future for club and country."

4 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

From MLS.com

"Moise Bombito - Colorado Rapids

Bombito has probably been the league's best center back this season. His recovery speed is elite; he’s very hard to get away from and puts out fires. He’s strong on set pieces, aggressive in the air and dangerous in the box. He’s got a bright, bright future for club and country."

... that's nice but I don't think he's been the best cb on his team 

1 hour ago, red card said:

That's just poor defending.  1) Anderson at RB playing way too deep, played his man and Bassi onside, when he could see his entire line was ahead of him by 2 yards; 2) Bombito has to make a play on the ball, even if he's risking an own goal because he knows his man behind him is open.  I'm not sure if he reacted too late to the cross or just didn't want to risk touching it, but either way, not a good play. 

9 hours ago, GasPed said:

That's just poor defending.  1) Anderson at RB playing way too deep, played his man and Bassi onside, when he could see his entire line was ahead of him by 2 yards; 2) Bombito has to make a play on the ball, even if he's risking an own goal because he knows his man behind him is open.  I'm not sure if he reacted too late to the cross or just didn't want to risk touching it, but either way, not a good play. 

May have expected the goalie to make a play for it? TBH I thought he probably should have.

It looks like Bombito was trying to play the guy offside- probably not a savvy play so close to the net. Bombito definitely got beat, but their DM- #20 fell asleep on his man there and thinned out the backline.

Pretty sure this is the stuff that Rapids coach said they want to work on- don’t they call him Mr. fundamentals or something because they have him working on the absolute basics since his natural skill is elite, it’s the little things that he has trouble with? 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, red card said:

To me it's just a classic case of watching the ball and leaving your man the freedom of the box.  Maybe he thought he could affect the cross but I think he lost track of how far away the attacker was. His reaction would indicate to me he knew he messed up.  A lot of people could have done better but that is mostly on him in the end. 

Again we know he is still inexperienced and with make the wrong decision a fair bit.  But those are things he can learn.  

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

31 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

Surprised he didn't start lol..

Being realistic, they have been poor defensively as of late. (11 goals against in the previous 3 games, even with "only" 2 against Vancouver, that's still over an average of over 3 goals a game given up in the last 4.)

Sometimes you make changes. And he is an inexperience player still. 

Poor defending again (though away from Bombito) on the Whitecaps winner last night.

Just now, Soccerpro2 said:

People need to pump the breaks.

He's nowhere the finished product ready for a step up. European clubs don't sign foreign CB's for "potential".  He's done some good things this year but if you've regularly watched him in MLS, he has a lot of work to do on his positioning and awareness.

Agreed, but I find that strong performances in big time events tend to stoke interest beyond what the player continues to do at club level.  Conversely, not showing well deflates the tires on the hype wagon pretty quickly, sometimes overly so.

He is still a work in progress, for sure, but that's the nature of how things work.

55 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

People need to pump the breaks.

He's nowhere the finished product ready for a step up. European clubs don't sign foreign CB's for "potential".  He's done some good things this year but if you've regularly watched him in MLS, he has a lot of work to do on his positioning and awareness.

Neither was Kone.

Most teams are looking for that diamond in the rough that'll make them million$.  If he was the finished product he wouldn't still be playing in MLS.  CB's normally develop later than other positions.  Lots of teams will be knocking on the door.  He won't hit the same level he can if he stays in MLS, EU will develop him to the next level.