Moise Bombito

phresh

12 hours ago, costarg said:

He forgot to mention best coach as well.

I have to say watching that US match, I don’t think I have ever seen a Canadian CB have as dominant a game as Bombito. He really just bossed the Americans around. Tackled, won his aerial duals, covered any balls in behind, and was all over the pitch in our half closing players down.  He also played the ball out of the back very well (although gave it away a couple of times). He just looked so composed, fast and such a monster to get around. If he can play like that consistently, he won’t be at Nice long. 

Very fun game, Nice is dominaging, 4-0 after 35, St. Etienne already making subs.

It’s insane how much ground Bombito covers. He’s playing as the central CB in a back 3, but I could’ve sworn he’s won tackles and duels on the left, on the right, and in the middle. Looks like their wingbacks are dropping back as a CB in défense which allows Bombito to roam a bit more.

5-0 as I type this. They should let Bombito play on the wing in the second half just because 

54 minutes ago, Shway said:

He was playing solid in the centre of a back three.

I know we've been playing well, but I still think our best formation is a back three.

Theoretically a 3-5-2 swaps shaf/millar for a cm oso/choiniere/sigur. hard to say if that’s better, worse or equal.

Players put in a 3-5-2 vs 4-2-2-2:

bombito Cornelius Larin and David are probably equal.

Aj is worse at cb

staq choiniere and Kone are marginally better because of a 3rd cm. In a 4-3-3 they are equal 

Davies and Buchanan are better

From a player profile, formation is not as big of a difference as what I used to think. 

I think our offense clicks more in a 3-5-2 but our defensive press would suffer. I’m not sure what to think anymore. 

4 hours ago, Bigandy said:

Theoretically a 3-5-2 swaps shaf/millar for a cm oso/choiniere/sigur. hard to say if that’s better, worse or equal.

IMO it gets Davies into a higher, more effective position. While still hammering home his defensive responsibilities. Shaffelburg is our impact sub who is starting. Millar is still figuring it out on the international stage. Staq and Kone have way more freedom in the midfield, and Kone can be at liberty to create more. 

Aj is worse at cb

You say worse, I say he's just a better fullback but he can still play the position.

staq choiniere and Kone are marginally better because of a 3rd cm. In a 4-3-3 they are equal 

Marginally is an understatement. We haven't seen them at their best in the 442, regardless of the success of the team.

Davies and Buchanan are better

I think our offense clicks more in a 3-5-2 but our defensive press would suffer. I’m not sure what to think anymore. 

Our offense definitely clicks more, and it seemed that we had more of an identity going forward. Right now we're 12 games in, and we are a press and transition team. 

I will say, as long as we continue to win I don't care what formation we use. It's just my preference based on the overall personnel of our squad. 

35 minutes ago, Shway said:

IMO it gets Davies into a higher, more effective position. While still hammering home his defensive responsibilities. Shaffelburg is our impact sub who is starting. Millar is still figuring it out on the international stage. Staq and Kone have way more freedom in the midfield, and Kone can be at liberty to create more. 

You say worse, I say he's just a better fullback but he can still play the position.

Marginally is an understatement. We haven't seen them at their best in the 442, regardless of the success of the team.

Our offense definitely clicks more, and it seemed that we had more of an identity going forward. Right now we're 12 games in, and we are a press and transition team. 

I will say, as long as we continue to win I don't care what formation we use. It's just my preference based on the overall personnel of our squad. 

These are all good and fair points. I am not sure it is better than 4 at the back, but I will say it would be good for us to have the ability to switch to that formation, if needed.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I like 4atb but had some big debates on here that our squad suited 3 atb.  

Aj can def play rcb but he’s worse at it than rb. 

it’s hard to argue Kone and staq would improve immensely in a 3 man midfield when we haven’t really seen it and there’s an argument to be made that David plays incredibly well defensively.  Again I’ve argued fiercely that a 3rd cm could see them become elite but I say marginally until it’s proven. 

I also think our attacking identity was really transition based before. We didn’t have any solutions for low blocks. Similar to now. 

If Larin can find his form again, we will score more. JH's 3 at the back would not have produced the same goals with Larin's current form.  It's not like chances are not being created.  Kone has had 2 monster games vs France & Uruguay in a back 4 and if our defence continues to be stellar, then I would expect Davies will be given the green light to attack more, similar to how he played in Bayern's last game.

11 hours ago, Shway said:

We wouldn't be saying this if Larin finished 1/3 of the chances he had.  Just that would've made a massive difference to our already incredibly impressive performances since adopting the back 4. 

That’s insane. Ndiyashime for Nice also had a very good game too, so for Bombito to make TOTW both in France and in Europe, I know it’s just a counting stat, but what a feat, especially coming back from a red.

Not sure if the new game is out yet, but if so, I would imagine there’s a decent chance he gets an EA25 TOTW card too- I would assume his regular card has insane pace stats as is, so his boosted card would be absolutely crazy to play with.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

That’s insane. Ndiyashime for Nice also had a very good game too, so for Bombito to make TOTW both in France and in Europe, I know it’s just a counting stat, but what a feat, especially coming back from a red.

Not sure if the new game is out yet, but if so, I would imagine there’s a decent chance he gets an EA25 TOTW card too- I would assume his regular card has insane pace stats as is, so his boosted card would be absolutely crazy to play with.

His base card already has 91 pace!