Moise Bombito

phresh

7 hours ago, El Diego said:

Pretty incredible how many problems this guy solves for us. Lucky for us he emerged when he did, we didn't think we had a guy like this we could rely on.

Definitely agree - but I am really hoping JKL and LdF grow into the kind of players who can push Cornelius and Bombito.   They should be a very capable CB pairing for the next few years, but as soon as one of them goes down (like last night) you are turning to guys like Waterman, Miller, McGraw, Hiebert, etc.   And no disrespect intended to any of those guys but I am way less comfortable trusting our 2nd tier CBs in big games.   I think we literally just need one more excellent CB to have security in that position but right now there is a gap between our two starters and our supporting staff.  And with our top two now in Ligue 1, I expect that gap to widen unless/until one of the young guns steps up in a big way.  

14 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Definitely agree - but I am really hoping JKL and LdF grow into the kind of players who can push Cornelius and Bombito.   They should be a very capable CB pairing for the next few years, but as soon as one of them goes down (like last night) you are turning to guys like Waterman, Miller, McGraw, Hiebert, etc.   And no disrespect intended to any of those guys but I am way less comfortable trusting our 2nd tier CBs in big games.   I think we literally just need one more excellent CB to have security in that position but right now there is a gap between our two starters and our supporting staff.  And with our top two now in Ligue 1, I expect that gap to widen unless/until one of the young guns steps up in a big way.  

I still believe Stefanovic can be one of those excellent CB’s as well

Right when they brought on Cowell and had him going up against Davies and Bombito you knew he would get no joy. Basically brought on a player who relies on his physicality against arguably the two most athletic players in the region. Good luck bud. Like playing rock paper the scissors throwing out a rock and the other player throwing out two boulders. 

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Right when they brought on Cowell and had him going up against Davies and Bombito you knew he would get no joy. Basically brought on a player who relies on his physicality against arguably the two most athletic players in the region. Good luck bud. Like playing rock paper the scissors throwing out a rock and the other player throwing out two boulders. 

I was having a good laugh when he tried to keep going forward with Davies & Bombito double teaming on one play.