Moise Bombito

phresh

20 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Kind of like Johnston going to Celtic. Few of us would disagree it was for the better.

I love the idea of Bombito in Ligue 1, but ultimately I would be happy with RB Salzburg. Guaranteed European competition and a lot of playing time. 

Lots of eyes on him as well.  Would not be a final location as per most of their players. 

Champion League qualifying on the 6 Aug v Twente.

6 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Really tough night in the Leagues Cup.  

Lost 4-0 to Portland, should have been better postioned on a couple of the goals. 

He looked all over the place last night and seemed to be on a different page from his teammates. Pulling himself out of position for no reason - like he was trying to force his defending. Maybe feeling the pressure to perform?

Edited by CanadaFan123

22 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Incredible to see the looks on these kids faces for Canadian players. The future.

That area and the surrounding areas are a hot bed for talent in the waiting, lots of immigrant families engrained in winter culture and some beautiful facilities in the area. He won’t be the last from St.Laurent. 

An update on the Bombito transfer situation:

https://burgundywave.com/2024/08/01/moise-bombito-transfer-talks-lyon-salzburg/

• Talks between Colorado and Lyon appear to be ongoing.
  • It’s understood there has been a bid for at least $5.5 million that was rejected.
  • TSN has reported that Red Bull Salzburg are interested in the player.  
  • The organization has a valuation on the player and if that is not met this summer, they will not sell. 
  • They believe Bombito will reach a level where European clubs will be willing to meet demands in a year to 18 months.
  • Burgundy Wave suspects that valuation could be $10-12 million.

So, nothing has really changed. Lyon haven't meet the valuation, but talks appear to be ongoing. Not sure how much of that is the author's conjecture, but it's a logical assumption because we haven't heard news that Lyon have moved on. 

It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't think Lyon want to be fleeced. Colorado don't need to sell this summer, but Lyon probably don't need to buy him this summer either, considering he was earmarked for a Botafogo loan. Also, I can't see RB Salzburg paying more than the $5.5 million that was rejected. 

What worries me is that Bombito's stock won't go much higher playing for Colorado, I am afraid. Copa America is here and gone. The MLS All-star game is here and gone. Short of Colorado making a deep playoff run (possible), there is nothing between now and next summer's Gold Cup to re-ignite interest from Europe.

He'll be more experienced come next summer, but teams won't necessarily pay more for a player 1 year older. If Colorado and Lyon can settle for around $6.5-7M, perhaps a deal can be done.  

Edited by Obinna

12 minutes ago, Obinna said:

An update on the Bombito transfer situation:

https://burgundywave.com/2024/08/01/moise-bombito-transfer-talks-lyon-salzburg/

• Talks between Colorado and Lyon appear to be ongoing.
  • It’s understood there has been a bid for at least $5.5 million that was rejected.
  • TSN has reported that Red Bull Salzburg are interested in the player.  
  • The organization has a valuation on the player and if that is not met this summer, they will not sell. 
  • They believe Bombito will reach a level where European clubs will be willing to meet demands in a year to 18 months.
  • Burgundy Wave suspects that valuation could be $10-12 million.

So, nothing has really changed. Lyon haven't meet the valuation, but talks appear to be ongoing. Not sure how much of that is the author's conjecture, but it's a logical assumption because we haven't heard news that Lyon have moved on. 

It will be interesting to see what happens. I don't think Lyon want to be fleeced. Colorado don't need to sell this summer, but Lyon probably don't need to buy him this summer either, considering he was earmarked for a Botafogo loan. Also, I can't see RB Salzburg paying more than the $5.5 million that was rejected. 

What worries me is that Bombito's stock won't go much higher playing for Colorado, I am afraid. Copa America is here and gone. The MLS game is here and gone. Short of Colorado making a deep playoff run (possible), there is nothing between now and next summer's Gold Cup to re-ignite interest from Europe.

He'll be more experienced come next summer, but teams won't necessarily pay more for a player 1 year older. If Colorado and Lyon can settle for around $6.5-7M, perhaps a deal can be done.  

I wonder if clubs consider a sell on fee as part of the valuation. Clubs want Bombito because they think that in 24 months, they can sell him to the premier league for like €30M. If you purchase him for €5.5M and a 20% sell on, there’s your €11.5M. 

I do think he’s probably as valuable as can be at Colorado right now for the reasons you mentioned. Also, I haven’t watched much of him lately, but it doesn’t seem like he’s played all that well as of late? Mostly statwatching, but seems like the rapids are doing well, their defence is not. 

I don’t think a deep playoff run will help up his price. I think back to Kone, who had nearly gone to Sheffield before the MLS playoffs, and then ultimately went to Watford after. I think Celtic had already agreed to terms before AJ’a playoff run too. 

Colorado is being unreasonable if they want $10M. Bombito's athletic abilities are outstanding, but he is  24 and still raw in terns of his development. Don't know much about Colorado's coaching staff but can they in fact make him a better player within 12 months other than by experience and games. Better to have a sell on and let teams like Lyon or RBS who are known to do a great job developing young players work with him  and share in his next transfer, while mitigating downside risk. 

3 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Colorado is being unreasonable if they want $10M. Bombito's athletic abilities are outstanding, but he is  24 and still raw in terns of his development. Don't know much about Colorado's coaching staff but can they in fact make him a better player within 12 months other than by experience and games. Better to have a sell on and let teams like Lyon or RBS who are known to do a great job developing young players work with him  and share in his next transfer, while mitigating downside risk. 

Their manager is Chris Armas, who famously failed at TFC

35 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

And I would argue the $5.5M offer from Lyon is very reasonable.

Colorado should take this money, but MLS is such that $5.5M sale is not really worth that much. If Bombito were playing for Motherwell for instance, he'd already be sold to Lyon by now.  

• 2 weeks later...

Someone who follows OGC Nice closely is welcomed to comment or correct me, but from my little bit of digging it looks like he could line up next to this legend:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante_(footballer)

Dante played 32 games last season as the left-sided defender. He's 40 now, so I assume he doesn't have the legs, which is possibly where Bombito fits in. I think if Bombito is slotting into a starting spot right away, this move is excellent and much better than what Lyon would have given him, which is a bench role at best.