Moise Bombito

phresh

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Our move for Kilman seems to be stalling over a huge fee, so this looks a real possibility.  Opens up money and space for Bombito - possibly.

Ah so if the Hammers go for O'Brien instead it frees up funds and a roster spot for Bombito. Nice

On 6/27/2024 at 2:42 PM, InglewoodJack said:

I don’t think many players, if any, have done MLS -> Brazil -> Europe, especially not Brazilian/South American players. Botafogo’s American owner just purchased them and Lyon in 2022, so all of this is pretty new. Same guy owns Fubo too. 

I unfortunately own some of fubo as well.

Which made it bittersweet when I got the free trial for the france+Dutch games, missed the cancel deadline, emailed them and had the charges reversed.

Just saw a post on GiveMeSport about the fasters players at Euro 2024 so far:

1. Sesko (Slovenia) - 35.9 km/h
2. Sane (Germany) & Mihaila (Romania) - 35.8 km/h
4. Hernandez (France) - 35.7 km/h
5. Ndoye (Switzerland) & van de Ven (Netherlands) - 35.6 km/h

All slower than Moise in that clip v Orlando (37.27 km/h).

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

Remember when Herdman insisted Bombito was a central midfielder? Classic...

I don't think it was that.

He was just trying to get him on the field without having the balls to drop Vitoria.

11 minutes ago, mtroads said:

Happy he stuck that after messing up on the goal against.

A friend messaged me this too... how did he mess up on the goal?

He's going full blast back, gets body checked off the ball (where sure maybe he could be a bit stronger but its also questionably a foul on Rondon), but then keeps him in front of him. If Crepeau stays in his net then there's no chip opportunity, and there's nothing there.

Crepeau has to trust that Bombito is getting back in front of him, especially with his speed. Max had an incredible game and saved us in the penalties, but that goal was on him alone. For me at least.

5 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

A friend messaged me this too... how did he mess up on the goal?

He's going full blast back, gets body checked off the ball (where sure maybe he could be a bit stronger but its also questionably a foul on Rondon), but then keeps him in front of him. If Crepeau stays in his net then there's no chip opportunity, and there's nothing there.

Crepeau has to trust that Bombito is getting back in front of him, especially with his speed. Max had an incredible game and saved us in the penalties, but that goal was on him alone. For me at least.

Agree.  Yeah Bombito could have won that specific battle but losing it definitely shouldn’t have resulted in a goal. That is largely on Max.  He redeemed himself for sure, but it doesn’t change the goal.  

2 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

I expected everyone to be ragging on Moise, so I'm glad that's not the case.

...since it's not the case, I'll say that he really should've pressured Rondon. He gave him acres of space to make that shot. 

Agreed but I just cant get passed if Max is in his net, there's no shot from that far out 🤷‍♂️

37 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

I expected everyone to be ragging on Moise, so I'm glad that's not the case.

...since it's not the case, I'll say that he really should've pressured Rondon. He gave him acres of space to make that shot. 

He got bodied by one of the best strikers I have seen at bodying people.  

9 hours ago, Vasi said:

His rise has been magical. He has come out of bo where. Both of our CB's are getting moves after copa. 

No way Bombito is not in Europe by the winter transfer market. 

His rise has been so rapid that after this tournament is over he will have played nearly half as many matches for the national team, many against big opponents, as he has played in his entire MLS career.

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

His rise has been so rapid that after this tournament is over he will have played nearly half as many matches for the national team, many against big opponents, as he has played in his entire MLS career.

That is insane. 

12 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Agree.  Yeah Bombito could have won that specific battle but losing it definitely shouldn’t have resulted in a goal. That is largely on Max.  He redeemed himself for sure, but it doesn’t change the goal.  

For me it's on Marsch. There's no way you don't leave a 2 on 1 vs a lethal striker to defend the counter up a goal. Huge failure to send Cornelius up winning in m 60: incapacity to read the game. 

There are plenty of guys here coaching kids who do this as standard and every pro and semi pro match I've ever seen has this as also standard. 

Blaming Bombito is only seeing the narrow picture.