Moise Bombito

phresh

3 hours ago, Kent said:

I guess Messi is a bad person as well then. Clubbed a guy in the back of the head.

And the Fifa fair play award goes to ...

This guy is an ass. Always has been. I remember his smarmy smirking face on the bench vs Canada when they were up 5-0 in that 2010 friendly. He is a baby. 

Bombito got the ball but a two legged flying tackle is dangerous and rightly will be called or even carded if you catch anyone, even after getting the ball first.

It used to be a very common tackle in Brazilian football, it was in fact part of their culture into the 90s and you'd see it a lot with Brazilians coming into Europe. I recall Rivaldo had it in his repertoire, Marcelo was doing them until very recently in fact, back in Brazil. It is also common in Argentina, this video shows a lot of Argentines losing the ball and taking away the turnover by going in with two legs.

https://www.facebook.com/tycsports/videos/planeta-gol-patadas-con-dos-piernas/10154419647963876/

Most of these are far worse than Bombito's, they are horror tackles, and most are Argentine league. Look at no. 3, no 2 and no 1, starting at 2:22, they all get the ball first and it's a red. But I agree they are all nightmares compared to Moise's.

It is the sort of move that some players and even leagues are hyper-sensitive to, in Spain it is forbidden even if tame in a tight scuffle because of this legacy.

It is dangerous, because you are not in control, you are flying with no consideration for the rival, committed, and can't pull back as easily as if you had your other leg planted or bent.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 minute ago, Stryker911 said:

I know it doesn't actually change the player, but a CB partnership of Lyon-Feyenoord seems alot more formidable than Colorado-Malmo 

It does change them over time, playing at a higher level against better opposition. If both of those moves come quickly, we would be positioned very nicely for WC2026.

2 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I know it doesn't actually change the player, but a CB partnership of Lyon-Feyenoord seems alot more formidable than Colorado-Malmo 

I always find it funny, one month a player is in a league like mls, then the moment he gets signed for a top tier team he’s all of a sudden better. 

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I always find it funny, one month a player is in a league like mls, then the moment he gets signed for a top tier team he’s all of a sudden better. 

I think that's what happens when you play Netherlands, France and Argentina in a matter of a few weeks.  Lots of eyeballs on you.

I've never seen so many rumours about our players, seems a new 1 or 2 every day.

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Lyon would be a massive step up. Hell I would have been happy with Botafogo. 

He'll learn a ton in Ligue 1 with Lyon, even if he has to bide his time for a while learning the ropes. 

Lyon-Feyenoord partnership would be pretty sexy on paper. We need the Cornelius rumours to pick up steam now...

They are pretty stacked at centre back.  But if it facilitated Jake O'Brien to West Ham (one of the rumours, though Kilman is the loudest currently) for a reasonable fee - wins all-round.

14 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

"Eagle Group to decide best option for Canada international"

What is this "Eagle Group" about? I seen this for another MLS player just the other day. Are they an agency or something?

It’s the sports entertainment group owned by American John Textor. He owns Crystal Palace, all OL teams including Seattle Reign, Botafogo and R.W.D. Molenbeek

Edited by Atlantic

14 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

"Eagle Group to decide best option for Canada international"

What is this "Eagle Group" about? I seen this for another MLS player just the other day. Are they an agency or something?

From TheAthletic article:

"Lyon finished sixth in Ligue 1 last season and is ultimately controlled by Eagle Football, which also has shares in Premier League side Crystal Palace, Brazilian side Botafogo and RWD Molenbeek of Belgium."