Gold Cup 2023

1 minute ago, Stoppage Time said:

Trolling works only when a target takes the bait. A troller with no audience disappears quickly.

I get that and this was my first comment about this, IMHO you cross a line when you chant USA on a CANADIAN soccer supporters board!

I mean USA are the better team 🤷 truth hurts all of you doesn't it? Better talent pool and not to mention this Gold Cup they have been well coached by a coach who is not even their head coach. He is their assistant if that and you see what he's doing with their team. Whereas Canada on the other hand who have been nothing short of a disappointment all tournament drawing against Guadeloupe and Guatemala really? Teams of that quality...Canada should be putting away rather easily. I don't care if it is Canada's B or C team, you should be putting those teams away regardless especially if Canada is supposed to be one of these so called heavyweights in CONCACAF. Well they sure as hell are not playing like it now are they? Had to depend on a result against Cuba just to even get here to the quarter finals. Had to wait until the last match day whereas USA breezed by their group with relative ease.

Like not even trying to hear the excuses of how Canada started slow 

And you're going to tell me that Canada is going to beat USA? Let's be honest and practical Canada has no chance

Don't say I told you so when Canada goes out tonight

Edited by TGAA_Star

36 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

USA USA USA 🇺🇸  just going to keep chanting USA because I already know they are beating Canada tonight 

You know, if you're looking for a team other than Ghana to support you're always welcomed to be a USA fan. They have a great player pool with young and exciting talent!

Just expect to be treated like the other USMNT fans that come onto a rival message board.

Take in for USA it isn't even their A team, it's their B or C team and they are still dominant in this tournament. Canada has their B or C team and they are struggling bro like make that make sense and you're trying to tell me that tonight Canada beats USA. I'm just realistic enough to know when Canada is subpar or when they have been playing like it and if history shows me anything, USA just has Canada's number in all time Gold Cup match ups. Why is tonight any different? Okay Canada beat USA in World Cup qualifying and so what? What ended up happening in the Nations League Final? We got embarrassed by the USA. I'm just honest 

12 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Take in for USA it isn't even their A team, it's their B or C team and they are still dominant in this tournament. Canada has their B or C team and they are struggling bro like make that make sense and you're trying to tell me that tonight Canada beats USA. I'm just realistic enough to know when Canada is subpar or when they have been playing like it and if history shows me anything, USA just has Canada's number in all time Gold Cup match ups. Why is tonight any different? Okay Canada beat USA in World Cup qualifying and so what? What ended up happening in the Nations League Final? We got embarrassed by the USA. I'm just honest 

Everyone here shares your opinion. There's no problem with that everyone is keeping it real. Chanting USA is not keeping it real, that's cheering for our rival. 

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Everyone here shares your opinion. There's no problem with that everyone is keeping it real. Chanting USA is not keeping it real, that's cheering for our rival. 

Okay yeah I fucked up by doing that I shouldn't have done that but even so I'm just honest about Canada's chances bro even if the masses don't wanna hear it

5 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Okay yeah I fucked up by doing that I shouldn't have done that but even so I'm just honest about Canada's chances bro even if the masses don't wanna hear it

The masses just don't want to hear your song over and over.

52 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I think it really depends on our lineup today. It hasn't been a good tournament, but if we go four at the back [Miller (LB), Kennedy (CB) Vitoria (CB) and Laryea (RB)], that's basically an A backline for us and should perform.

We don't have anyone who can score, so we have to play deep and hit the U.S. on the counter with our pace to hopefully bag a goal or two. Thus, I think a 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 makes the most sense in this game. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

20 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

And I'll stop but bro let's be honest Canada is losing tonight 

I seem to recall an opinion that Ghana wouldn't make the World Cup too... 

There's a reason why they play the game! 

(But yeah, we should get smoked)

Edited by PastPros

37 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

And I'll stop but bro let's be honest Canada is losing tonight 

All good. No problem with you predicting a loss here. We are under dogs and I don't mind that. We have no pressure. If we lose its what was expected and if we win then it's an historic achievement. Pretty good deal for Canada.

Funny enough, I am getting this feeling we will win today. The talent gap is bigger than NL yet I never had this feeling we would win, strangely.

Feelings aside, all pressure is on the USA

1 hour ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I think it really depends on our lineup today. It hasn't been a good tournament, but if we go four at the back [Miller (LB), Kennedy (CB) Vitoria (CB) and Laryea (RB)], that's basically an A backline for us and should perform.

We don't have anyone who can score, so we have to play deep and hit the U.S. on the counter with our pace to hopefully bag a goal or two. Thus, I think a 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 makes the most sense in this game. 

I agree that this is the gameplan to beat USA. The big question is whether we have the players to do it. Assuming 2 of the attacking players are Hoilett and Cavallini, we really don’t have the pace to counter, outside of whoever we play on the left (likely Millar, maybe Shaffelburg)

Just now, Obinna said:

All good. No problem with you predicting a loss here. We are under dogs and I don't mind that. We have no pressure. If we lose its what was expected and if we win then it's an historic achievement. Pretty good deal for Canada.

Funny enough, I am getting this feeling we will win today. The talent gap is bigger than NL yet I never had this feeling we would win, strangely.

Feelings aside, all pressure is on the USA

You may be under dogs, don't speak for the rest of us.

40 minutes ago, archer21 said:

I agree that this is the gameplan to beat USA. The big question is whether we have the players to do it. Assuming 2 of the attacking players are Hoilett and Cavallini, we really don’t have the pace to counter, outside of whoever we play on the left (likely Millar, maybe Shaffelburg)

Yes. It has to be Millar on the left and Shaff maybe at LCM. Laryea can join in down the right when need be. ZBG can be a useful player on the right in a game like this as well. I would like to see Nelson on as a sub up top if we need goals late.