Gold Cup 2023

Whatever the reason, since we were never likely going to win this tourney with a B team (which is turning more into a B- with each passing day as more players leave to head back to their clubs), I'm good with giving one of the other keepers a shot in a competitive match, especially as, after this tourney, the next time we play a competitive match, our normal #2 Crepeau should presumably be back in action, making it less likely that these guys get any game time in competitive matches. If we weren't using the tourney as almost a purely experimental tourney to test various players I might feel differently, but we are using the tourney for player development/experience gaining purposes, so I'd rather we go further down that direction.

Looks like the Canada vs USA quarterfinal is at 7:30 on Sunday, the same time as York United vs Forge. I was thinking of going to that York game and inviting a couple people that were interested in trying a York United game on a weekend, but not sure I want to miss the QF for it. Bah!

11 hours ago, Kent said:

Looks like the Canada vs USA quarterfinal is at 7:30 on Sunday, the same time as York United vs Forge. I was thinking of going to that York game and inviting a couple people that were interested in trying a York United game on a weekend, but not sure I want to miss the QF for it. Bah!

So for people who watch onesoccer main channel through Fubotv, which game are we going to see? 

8 minutes ago, lamptern said:

Unfortunately I will be on a plane to Victoria at QF time on Sunday. Replay can be accessed on OS two hours after the game ended?

Basically yes, but give it an extra hour or two to be on the safe side. The CanMNT broadcasts are longer with the pre and post games, so those take a bit more time to upload it seems.

2023 Concacaf Gold Cup Tickets

Concacaf Gold Cup Quarterfinal Tickets in Cincinnati (TQL Stadium) - Jul 9, 2023 at 5:00pm | SeatGeek

Out of curiosity,  was checking the prices that they are charge for these games.   Unbelievable!  I cant believe what they are asking.     That's more (by quite a large margin) than what the tickets at the World Cup finals where in Qatar.   The top ticket price in Qatar for any game was 800 QAR, which works out to just under 300 CAD.  The low end at the WC was around 50-70 CAD and you could get some really good seat at this price, whereas for this game, the cheapest seats I found was 330 USD.

Remember,  this is a tournament where some teams (like Canada, US, and Mex)are fielding B and C squads.  Its not much better for games at AT&T stadium in Dallas.  

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, ADP10 said:

That was amazing

As usual, I’m late to the party.

But as someone who spent his 30th wedding anniversary in Martinique just prior to the World Cup, I’d highly recommend a visit to the island. It’s a very friendly and unique Caribbean island. Hopefully I’ll return to see Canada play Martinique in a Concacaf competition someday - and earn zero FIFA ranking points no matter the result.

F1A9E9EF-8234-4D19-ADCA-0E48A3EA8482.jpeg

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

2023 Concacaf Gold Cup Tickets

Concacaf Gold Cup Quarterfinal Tickets in Cincinnati (TQL Stadium) - Jul 9, 2023 at 5:00pm | SeatGeek

Out of curiosity,  was checking the prices that they are charge for these games.   Unbelievable!  I cant believe what they are asking.     That's more (by quite a large margin) than what the tickets at the World Cup finals where in Qatar.   The top ticket price in Qatar for any game was 800 QAR, which works out to just under 300 CAD.  The low end at the WC was around 50-70 CAD and you could get some really good seat at this price, whereas for this game, the cheapest seats I found was 330 USD.

Remember,  this is a tournament where some teams (like Canada, US, and Mex)are fielding B and C squads.  Its not much better for games at AT&T stadium in Dallas.  

There’s only a dozen box office tickets left. Everything else is resale. The box office tickets are all club seats. 

the other qfs have $59 box office tickets still available. 

Edited by king1010

6 minutes ago, king1010 said:

There’s only a dozen box office tickets left. Everything else is resale. The box office tickets are all club seats. 

You can change the filter to to exclude the re-sale tickets.  Yes, there is very little box office left but it's still pretty expensive IMHO.  

Edited by Free kick

21 minutes ago, GasPed said:

Pardon my French but what the ___ language is that?

The creole of Martinique. Relate to, but quite distinct from the creole of Guadeloupe and of Haiti.

French has the greatest influence but there is Spanish, English and African influences too.

3 hours ago, Treppy2 said:

I’d highly recommend a visit to the island.

Expensive since it's France but both Martinique and Guadeloupe are nice.

Spent a few days on each island.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille