Gold Cup 2023

2 minutes ago, Neil R. said:

Elimination round bracket starting to take shape.

Top half of the bracket:

Winner of Group D vs. Jamaica
Mexico vs. Runner-up of Group C

Bottom half of the bracket:

USA vs. Runner-up of Group D
Winner of Group C vs. Qatar

So its either get through Jamaica then most likely Mexico then most likely USA or USA, Pan / QTR the Jam / Mex. The 2nd option has 2 'super' teams while the 1st has probably all 3. 

To win the GC the runner-up route might actually be better, to win FIFA points the top bracket may be better. Then also seeing how disjointed Mexico is right now they are more beatable than the US.

Anyone else noticed that Canada Soccer Instagram hasn't posted any pictures of the players training, games days, etc... only the GameDay graphic. However they have been posting for the women. I assume this means Canada Soccer employs 1 social media person and he/she is away with the women.

I would be fine running with the two keepers. St Claire has earned his chance and I want to see McGill too.  My primary reason is I wish we would call up another forward (or two if anyone else goes out). We are offensively stunted. 

Edited by Joe Keeper

52 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Anyone else noticed that Canada Soccer Instagram hasn't posted any pictures of the players training, games days, etc... only the GameDay graphic. However they have been posting for the women. I assume this means Canada Soccer employs 1 social media person and he/she is away with the women.

They’re posting the men on twitter. 

So we are a third of the way through the tournament (at least if we were to hypothetically go the distance) and Borjan goes down. This feels like the macro version of what we were doing in World Cup Qualifying, with Borjan going down injured about a third of the way into every game. I kind of wonder if it was always the plan to give Borjan a couple games and then give someone else a chance.

6 minutes ago, Kent said:

So we are a third of the way through the tournament (at least if we were to hypothetically go the distance) and Borjan goes down. This feels like the macro version of what we were doing in World Cup Qualifying, with Borjan going down injured about a third of the way into every game. I kind of wonder if it was always the plan to give Borjan a couple games and then give someone else a chance.

Had this thought as well. Has there been any mention of what Borjan’s “injury” was?