Gold Cup 2023

I'm just passionate hence why I called them trash because they are playing like it and this team was supposed to be in Qatar not that long ago and we were in the Nations League Final. Like you really actually believe our team is any good now whatsoever if we're drawing to Guadeloupe and Guatemala? Are we even serious here?

7 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I'm just passionate hence why I called them trash because they are playing like it and this team was supposed to be in Qatar not that long ago and we were in the Nations League Final. Like you really actually believe our team is any good now whatsoever if we're drawing to Guadeloupe and Guatemala? Are we even serious here?

While it's an experimental squad and think Guadeloupe is an underrated team, I mostly agree.

On paper, even with this B team, we have way more quality than Guatemala. There is no excuse for drawing yesterday. I don't want to hear "It was like an away game." 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

8 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

THIS team was not in Qatar or Nations League final. THIS is a different team with different players. 

6 minutes ago, king1010 said:

THIS team was not in Qatar or Nations League final. THIS is a different team with different players. 

True, but the performances haven't been good regardless. Most of this squad plays in MLS or Europe. 

By contrast, I believe Guatemala has three MLS guys. Otherwise, most play in low-level Central American leagues. They only beat a dumpster-fire Cuba side 1-0, while Guadeloupe absolutely trounced them.

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

3 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

A squad of MLS starters or equivalent should have been able to secure 2 wins or at the very least 1 win over the past 2 games. So it's either coaching or perhaps being an MLS starter is not good enough. We almost got beat by  Ligue 2 and Guat domestic league squads.

True. But also some Belgium first division and ligue 1 quality on top of the ligue 2 players. 

6 minutes ago, king1010 said:

True. But also some Belgium first division and ligue 1 quality on top of the ligue 2 players. 

Guadeloupe is stronger than Guatemala. I agree on that. Still expected a win being at home, but Guadeloupe is one of those teams that can surprise. 

9 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

A squad of MLS starters or equivalent should have been able to secure 2 wins or at the very least 1 win over the past 2 games. So it's either coaching or perhaps being an MLS starter is not good enough. We almost got beat by  Ligue 2 and Guat domestic league squads.

"MLS starters" is stretching it in a lot of cases. Many of them are "borderline", "part-time" or "contributors" IMO.

Would Cav, Bombito, Millar, Fraser all be sure fire MLS starters? i dont think you could say they are locked in at that level. Than we bring in Brym (no), Shaff (no), Spoony (no). 

Compare it to the C team of the US right now. No star power, but everyone of those guys is a relatively high end MLS player. That's very different than what we're putting out there.

18 minutes ago, Floortom said:

"MLS starters" is stretching it in a lot of cases. Many of them are "borderline", "part-time" or "contributors" IMO.

Would Cav, Bombito, Millar, Fraser all be sure fire MLS starters? i dont think you could say they are locked in at that level. Than we bring in Brym (no), Shaff (no), Spoony (no). 

Compare it to the C team of the US right now. No star power, but everyone of those guys is a relatively high end MLS player. That's very different than what we're putting out there.

Maybe so, but I still think we should expect better vs Guatemala. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

55 minutes ago, Floortom said:

And a few of them are in their 1st MLS season as well, so agree. However there's enough in this squad, that with the right tactical set up and subs we still should have come away with 1 win in 2 games.  

5 hours ago, king1010 said:

If we’re comparing league quality, Guadeloupe had the better forwards for sure. 

1 minute ago, Canadian Chuck said:

Calling this a US C team is arguably a bit generous. A C team would still include the likes of Josh Sargent, Haji Wright, Reggie Cannon, and Mark McKenzie.

It's arguably a D team for outfield players, maybe a C-team only due to the keeper.

I agree, they're depth is amazing, Canada can't even put out a competitive B team.

3 minutes ago, Canadian Chuck said:

Calling this a US C team is arguably a bit generous. A C team would still include the likes of Josh Sargent, Haji Wright, Reggie Cannon, and Mark McKenzie.

It's arguably a D team for outfield players, maybe a C-team only due to the keeper.

Arent those guys on the B team making this a C team? Wright and Sargent played in the world cup. They aren’t on a USA C team. 

36 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Arent those guys on the B team making this a C team? Wright and Sargent played in the world cup. They aren’t on a USA C team. 

Wright probably never should have gotten called to the World Cup over Pepi..but he did score a goal vs The Netherlands lol

Agree the US's depth right now is elite......this really is the golden generation