Gold Cup 2023

7 minutes ago, kacbru said:

As much as I hate Honduras, I'm glad they came back at the death to (hopefully) deny Qatar a chance of advancing.

Yeah, I don't make it a habit to cheer for Honduras, but against Qatar in our continental championship? Yes please! Well done Honduras snatching the late result. Now hopefully Mexico can smash them in Qatar's final game (ever?) in the Gold Cup.

7 minutes ago, Kent said:

Yeah, I don't make it a habit to cheer for Honduras, but against Qatar in our continental championship? Yes please! Well done Honduras snatching the late result. Now hopefully Mexico can smash them in Qatar's final game (ever?) in the Gold Cup.

Unfortunately I have a feeling we have not seen the last of them.

Next Gold Cup has 8 invitees to be determined. If CONCACAF renews the sham sponsorship deal with Qatar Airways then...

https://worldsoccertalk.com/news/2025-gold-cup-may-include-european-teams-and-other-giants-20230203-WST-418340.html

Mexico up 1-0. I have had the game on in the background, not really paying attention. Has "the chant" been happening? It would never happen but it would be hilarious if Mexico are leading the game late and then forfeit because of the chant.

6 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Unfortunately I have a feeling we have not seen the last of them.

Next Gold Cup has 8 invitees to be determined. If CONCACAF renews the sham sponsorship deal with Qatar Airways then...

https://worldsoccertalk.com/news/2025-gold-cup-may-include-european-teams-and-other-giants-20230203-WST-418340.html

If Gold Cup has 8 invitees for 2025 then it being a 24 team Gold Cup...I actually like this because it would be similar to the EUROs and AFCON in the sense that you would have Group Stage, Round of 16, QF, Semi Final and the Final

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

If Gold Cup has 8 invitees for 2025 then it being a 24 team Gold Cup...I actually like this because it would be similar to the EUROs and AFCON in the sense that you would have Group Stage, Round of 16, QF, Semi Final and the Final

I've thought about it some more, and I think the solution that would make me happiest is to make the Gold Cup every 4 years (I want this anyways) and keep it CONCACAF only, and ideally actually rotate hosts. Then in the years that are empty due to the Gold Cup going to every 4 years you can have a new tournament, let's call it the US Invitational (brought to you by CONCACAF). It can always be hosted by the USA (I guess) and you can have whatever countries you want in it. The winner of the US Invitational are not continental champions, they are just US Invitational champions. I think I would be fine with this.

8 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

The CSA has no money so they didn’t fly. The boys all piled into a greyhound bus from Toronto to Houston. It’s a 32 hour trip with 48 stops. 😆 

Beat me to it.
Was going to say there were budget cuts, which affected marketing and promotion. 

1 hour ago, Stoppage Time said:

ES versus CR - what a game!! Fast paced, hard work, really good stuff.

Where are you seeing the game? I don't see it on OneSoccer (just Pacific vs Atletico Ottawa) but I don't know if there is a problem with my app on Roku. The "Recently Added" section is still like 2 weeks behind. I don't see any alternate feeds available.

18 minutes ago, Kent said:

Where are you seeing the game? I don't see it on OneSoccer (just Pacific vs Atletico Ottawa) but I don't know if there is a problem with my app on Roku. The "Recently Added" section is still like 2 weeks behind. I don't see any alternate feeds available.

It was on OS.