Gold Cup 2023

9 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Must be 11 guys on the roster who have been in the EPL??  Easy to get something mixed up.

They have 12 English based players. Which may be where the confusion lays.

But teams like Barnsley and Salford City are not EPL

Whatever the final score will be, something tells me Jamaica won't be able to match whatever the USA put on the board tonight - even though on paper they have the better attack. The overall team play from the US seems to be better than Jamaica's team play. 

Will be interesting who comes out on top of this group. We just have to make it out and live with whomever we're slated to face. We have to ultimately beat both anyways and there's pros and cons to facing both. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Whatever the final score will be, something tells me Jamaica won't be able to match whatever the USA put on the board tonight - even though on paper they have the better attack. The overall team play from the US seems to be better than Jamaica's team play. 

Will be interesting who comes out on top of this group. We just have to make it out and live with whomever we're slated to face. We have to ultimately beat both anyways and there's pros and cons to facing both. 

Other than Mihailovic and Ferreira, I don't think the U.S. finishing was very good tonight. I know they won 6-0, but guys like Zendejas, Cowell and Sonora just couldn't score despite having tons of chances. 

USA with a landslide victory but it doesn't really matter because if Jamaica beats St Kitts in their last group game, it really comes down to goal difference especially if USA beats Trinidad & Tobago. But then for T & T, for the Soca Warriors, it is basically a must win scenario for them in their last group game against the USA. Because T & T are on 3 points and if they beat USA, they would have 6 points which would be enough to get to the next round. But USA and Jamaica both are on 4 points and USA even with a draw against T & T would end up on 5 points which would be enough for runners up in the group. Jamaica would most likely win the group given who they get to face in their next group game St Kitts. Group A literally on paper has to be the best group.

1 hour ago, mrstepp817 said:

Just from what I've seen so far I feel like Jamaica and Mexico are the two best teams in the tournament, which isn't a surrpise because they are the two teams who really brought the majority of their top guys

I'd throw Panama in there too. Dominant win over Costa Rica in the run of play. Mostly retained their squad from Nations League where they put up a fight against our and Mexico's best teams.

37 minutes ago, VinceA said:

One thing I like to see is Rampersad has not looked out of place at all this tournament, and with his goal too. Good advertisement for the CPL, especially at a time where so many are looking to belittle the league.

Or, it could be that T & T lack high level talent so they must rely on guys from lower leagues much like Canada did, and still does to an extent, for so many years. Canada always scratched out a goal here and there scored by lower league players.