Gold Cup 2023

5 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Is this some new insult, tips??  Like no cap and sus??  I cant keep up with new lingo, dont know whether a guy is being friendly or snarky.  I guess I havnt hung with the groovy crowd in a long time man.  Keep on truckin...

I used "tips" when I was 15 years old which was about 20 years ago, so by no means new lol. 

EDIT: Showed up on urban dictionary in 2009. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thanks tips 

Edited by king1010

12 hours ago, Shway said:

2-1 final. Panama W.
Costa Rica is a shell of their past.

This loss benefits us, as we will have the potential to move into 3rd place in Concacaf rankings. 

I also think they won’t leave the group. 

I think Costa Rica could be better. Their coach is actively dragging down the program.

They lost to Guatemala in a friendly, did anyone watch?

Not going to say I fear Guatemala, but should that put us on notice. For all of the struggles they are having, it's still Costa Rica. So are Guatemala back? They are traditionally in the El Salvador-Panama-Honduras tier, no? I hope we don't look past our game against them. 

All the main CR media have laid all of the blame on Suarez for Costa Rica's failures. And they're right he doesn't call up most of the MLS guys who are doing well, and he's alienated their best prospect Ugalde because Suarez threw him under the bus after asking a kid who's like 5'7 to play target man and then getting mad at him when it didn't work against 6'3 defenders.

The dude has become an abysmal coach and it feels like he legit hates the team and the country lmao.

This dude is also the one who beat us 8-1 in 2012.

On 4/14/2023 at 6:52 PM, Treppy2 said:

FYI, The last time Canada earned maximum points in the group stage of the Gold Cup was … never. In 16 previous editions of the Gold Cup, even when the tournament featured groups of three teams, Canada always had at least one draw or loss in the group matches.

Could this be the year Canada wins all their matches in the group stage? Given the opposition, you’d think so, but it also depends on what players are selected for the team.

Ahem... quoting my own post, but the streak continues. Now in 17 editions of the Gold Cup, Canada has never taken maximum points in the group stage. Maybe in 2025???