Gold Cup 2023

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Today's games

El Salvador 🇸🇻 vs Martinique 🇲🇶 (6:30 pm)

Costa Rica 🇨🇷 vs Panama 🇵🇦 (8:30 pm)

I know it’s early, but El Salvador v Martinique feels like a must-win for both sides if they want to get out of the group. A draw would hobble them both. Could be an entertaining one.

Edited by footballfreak

9 hours ago, Obinna said:

Obviously it's Mexico so they'll always be good on the ball and relatively tidy, but they don't seem scary going forward.

I think anytime a team scores 4 unanswered goals they are an offensive threat. This may not be peak Mexico but they dismantled Honduras.

Maybe my radar is off for this tournament but I am seeing a few things differently.  

28 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

I know it’s early, but El Salvador v Martinique feels like a must-win for both sides if they want to get out of the group. A draw would hobble them both. Could be an entertaining one.

I actually agree with you but I have El Salvador winning and honestly they should win this being heavy favorites

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am fine with it.  This a B squad.  Lets embrace that and view this as the opportunity it is. 

Exactly how I feel….

But still no Choiniere is crazy. 
Ryan Raposo should’ve gotten a shout as well before Nelson if they are looking like for like.

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Liam Fraser will be playing in Luxembourg third division and still be getting emergency calls good for the guy but what is going on man 

Seriously though. Downright embarrassing that he continues to call Fraser given his club situation. Justin Smith would have been a better call.

My thing is more why didn't we call in Petrasso or another LB? Now It's gonna be Richie playing there but if he gets hurt or needs a rest we have no one for the position? Unless the plan is to straight up use Millar as a LWB in a back 3.

Edited by VinceA

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Liam Fraser will be playing in Luxembourg third division and still be getting emergency calls good for the guy but what is going on man 

Liam Fraser is the biggest mystery to me. He always looks decent to me. I hope he's getting paid over there because I don't get it

2 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Seriously though. Downright embarrassing that he continues to call Fraser given his club situation. Justin Smith would have been a better call.

I get the “continuity” aspect and he does play much better for us than for his club, but at some point you have to move on. Herdman calls out Montreal’s guys for not being champions but keeps going back to the guy who is playing in a league below the CPL. I guess it became a question of who is able to make it to Toronto on a few day’s notice (honestly surprised Nelson is making it work considering the travel), and that cut down the short list, and it is an end of the bench spot (hopefully), but still. At this point, JMR is a better choice.

I do like the Nelson pick. I am curious at how he got home though- he plays a game yesterday evening, hops on a flight from Trondheim to Oslo, Oslo to Toronto, and plays a game the next day. 

2 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Liam Fraser is the biggest mystery to me. He always looks decent to me. I hope he's getting paid over there because I don't get it

Anyone who doesn’t follow our players’ club careers would watch Canada play and think he’s playing in a similar league as the rest of our guys. It’s weird. Even when I check on Deinze, it seems like he often starts off the bench too, but for Canada he holds his own very well.