Gold Cup 2023

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing that in action.  

It will obviously suck to miss Davies and Eustaquio and a lot of other guys, but I think we can do a decent job of covering  them. 

With Jebbison we talk so much about future potential and all that, but he’s scored in the premier league, he’s scored in the championship- he should be able tear up gold cup opponents, so you add David and those are two players who can shred the opposition. Plus, might be an added incentive to commit now- come play with the best striker you’ve ever played with against teams you can feast on.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Japan is smoking El Salvador in a friendly. 

Currently 6-0 in the 75th minute 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Just had the pleasure of watching this...in Japan no less. Not in the stadium, sadly, just on the local cable. Still, was fun to watch them trounce El Salvador like that.

A 4th minute red card to El Salvador helps explain the result a bit better.  Mind you, they were already down 1-0 with a 1st minute goal.

Edited by Corazon

One Soccer listings are showing that Trinidad vs Guadeloupe is on the main channel tomorrow (Friday) at 4:30 pm. I hadn't realised we'd be able to see preliminaries there. So Antigua now instead of Trinidad. (I'm guessing they are also carrying the other 2 matches tomorrow, but non on the main channel - so us Fubo viewers may be out of luck). Saturday's Guyana/Grenada match is listed as well.

14 hours ago, Obinna said:

Just had the pleasure of watching this...in Japan no less. Not in the stadium, sadly, just on the local cable. Still, was fun to watch them trounce El Salvador like that.

What are you doing in Japan?  

The final roster of those teams that are in the preliminary round can be found here:

https://www.concacaf.com/gold-cup/article/2023-concacaf-gold-cup-prelims-final-rosters-announced/

Edit: CONCACAF gonna CONCACAF!

They clearly created the document from their own roster document for personal reference. They forgot to remove the passport info of the Martinique squad. Not very professional accidentally leaking that. 😬

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

On 6/15/2023 at 7:40 AM, Obinna said:

I was in Japan recently as well, I actually put my Voyageurs sticker under a bridge near Yoyogi Park in Tokyo. One million points if you can find it.

japan-min.jpg