Gold Cup 2023

On 4/23/2023 at 2:02 AM, umpiredice said:

I have the Red+White membership and I got a nice membership pack a few weeks ago.  It's been less than 9 months since I paid for it, so I suspect (as another poster has said) that the annual renewal won't be charged until after the Women's World Cup.

I'm about 13 months for Red+White and I've never got any pack yet!

I didn't even get a Red+White email about the Gold Cup tickets - did anyone, or was it just the CanadaRED email?

Perhaps we need to fire Bontis and Cochrane a second time ...

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

I'm about 13 months for Red+White and I've never got any pack yet!

I didn't even get a Red+White email about the Gold Cup tickets - did anyone, or was it just the CanadaRED email?

Perhaps we need to fire Bontis and Cochrane a second time ...

Got an email from Canada Soccer but I’m Red & Gold.  I’d be shocked if they sent the email only to R&G.

9 hours ago, footballfreak said:

It’s been a minute since Canada last played Guatemala (2015 friendly).

Starting Lineup: Borjan, Edgar, Jakovic, De Jong, Tissot, Ledgerwood, de Guzman,  Piette, Bekker, Haber, Ricketts

Subs: Edwini-Bonsu, Oimette, Jackson, Mannella, Larin, Teibert

Classic Floroball lineup. Count the CDMs.

10 CPL players and counting.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:58 PM, JamboAl said:

Got an email from Canada Soccer but I’m Red & Gold.  I’d be shocked if they sent the email only to R&G.

They probably removed me because I didn't renew. Though if they'd sent an email to renew ... or in the preceding few months! 

11 hours ago, nfitz said:

They probably removed me because I didn't renew. Though if they'd sent an email to renew ... or in the preceding few months! 

Did you check your Spam folder? I’m 99% sure they didn’t do any renewals yet.

Let’s say everyone with potential transfers/needs a break is out for the gold cup(unlikely all of these guys don’t play just a hypothetical) that means we’re without Davies,David, Buchanan,Ugbo,Adekugbe,Johnston, Borjan, Loturi, Kennedy,Brym,Hutch, Kone, Cavallini, Millar, Corbenau, Hoillet and Vitoria

23 man squad prediction 

(3)GK: St.Clair, Sirois, Creapau

(9)Df:Laryea, Farsi, Sigur, Zator, Abzi, Miller, Waterman,Heibert, Cornelius

(6)Mf:Eustaqio,Osorio , Kaye, Ahmed, Choinere, Colyn

(3)W: Nelson, JMR, Shaffelburg

(2)Cf:JRR, Larin

13 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

Let’s say everyone with potential transfers/needs a break is out for the gold cup(unlikely all of these guys don’t play just a hypothetical) that means we’re without Davies,David, Buchanan,Ugbo,Adekugbe,Johnston, Borjan, Loturi, Kennedy,Brym,Hutch, Kone, Cavallini, Millar, Corbenau, Hoillet and Vitoria

23 man squad prediction 

I like the thinking…but some guys you included don’t need a break/if they turned down a call up, they would be shooting themselves in the foot like Loturi, Millar, Ugbo, Corbeanu, and Brym, Cavallini.

….Unless***The tune has change from JH in regards to not showing up when called

Edited by Shway

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

I like the thinking…but some guys you included don’t need a break/if they turned down a call up, they would be shooting themselves in the foot like Loturi, Millar, Ugbo, Corbeanu, and Brym, Cavallini.

….The tune has change from JH in regards to not showing up when called

What has it changed to??

12 hours ago, Bison44 said:

What has it changed to??

I would suggest the guys you mentioned are the second tier A players Loturi, Millar, Ugbo, Corbeanu and Brym, need the opportunity to shine more than any other players and raise their  profiles and the Gold Cup is an excellent opportunity for them.  Cavallini does not have as much to prove as he has delivered for Canada in the past.  Glad he is doing well in Liga MX. 

13 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

23 man squad prediction 

That squad is lightweight, but it would be fun to watch a ton of new guys get caps and show their talent. 

Good list you have, but I would like to fit Paton in there, possibly Bustos depending on what kind of season he has, but that is more of a sentimental pick than a realistic one, just because I want to see another ex-CPL guy get rewarded.

Really like the JRR pick. Still alot to prove with the 1st team, but he scored so many goals with the Crew 2 that I believe in him. Maybe a good showing in the group stage can help him gain momentum he can bring to his club.

Got to think that JH is going all out to win NL. We are in the semis vs the weakest team remaining. A win puts us in the finals  vs USA/Mexico and a chance to win it all.  Compare that with the GC even with a weak group. Jamaica in the quarters could be in the cards and  possibly US/Mexico in the semis. If he's got to pick his top squad it has to be for NL