Gold Cup 2023

13 minutes ago, nfitz said:

I'm just concerned there is a clusterf*** here, and CSA and Voyageurs won't have enough tickets allotted to them.

Meanwhile there's also some east and west side tickets at the cheaper price. I'm surprised that TFC tickets holders already cleaned out so many tickets.

If I can be bold enough to predict this but there shouldn’t be a supply issue on these tickets whether it’s from the Vs, Canada Soccer or CONCACAF.  

17 minutes ago, nfitz said:

I'm just concerned there is a clusterf*** here, and CSA and Voyageurs won't have enough tickets allotted to them.

Meanwhile there's also some east and west side tickets at the cheaper price. I'm surprised that TFC tickets holders already cleaned out so many tickets.

Doesn't ticketmaster hold back tickets?

Maybe because it's a Concacaf event there went even be a Canada Red sale?

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

I don't get it.

If most of the cheap tickets are available in the presale for TFC, and the rest of the south is blocked out for the Voyageurs, then what does CSA have to sell to their Red+Gold and Red groups?

Question: When I originally signed up for Canada Red, was it for a yearly fee or was in recurring payments?

I believe it was recurring and I can't find any way to log back in to turn it off. Anybody know how to login or whether it was a one time yearly fee

2 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Question: When I originally signed up for Canada Red, was it for a yearly fee or was in recurring payments?

I believe it was recurring and I can't find any way to log back in to turn it off. Anybody know how to login or whether it was a one time yearly fee

My understanding is that it is not an automatic renewal or at least I have not been automatically charged for another year.  They might be having some of the same challenges the Voyageurs had with membership renewal; but I’m speculating.

17 minutes ago, narduch said:

Doesn't ticketmaster hold back tickets?

Maybe because it's a Concacaf event there went even be a Canada Red sale?

Ticketmaster does what it's client - CONCACAF apparently - tells them to do.

I don't see much held back other than the southeast.

I'm surprised that even TFC ticket holders weren't given a heads up ... first thing I got was the 10 AM email saying the ticket sale had started. Which I read hours later.

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

My understanding is that it is not an automatic renewal or at least I have not been automatically charged for another year. 

Canada Red is free though - I signed up in 2018 and have never seen a renewal. I had a mailing as recently as last week.

However, CanadaRED+White I joined just over a year ago - and I've seen no emails since February for the Leagues Cup game. Nor is there a way to log in, as far as I know. On one hand odd ... but on the other hand, if they don't have access to Gold Cup ticketing, then do they have any Men's product to sell until the single Nations "League" match in November"?

10 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Ticketmaster does what it's client - CONCACAF apparently - tells them to do.

I don't see much held back other than the southeast.

I'm surprised that even TFC ticket holders weren't given a heads up ... first thing I got was the 10 AM email saying the ticket sale had started. Which I read hours later.

Just checked and there are still a lot of tickets left. Including at the lowest price point. 

The south end has sold out though. At least the part that wasn't blocked off.

3 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Canada Red is free though - I signed up in 2018 and have never seen a renewal. I had a mailing as recently as last week.

However, CanadaRED+White I joined just over a year ago - and I've seen no emails since February for the Leagues Cup game. Nor is there a way to log in, as far as I know. On one hand odd ... but on the other hand, if they don't have access to Gold Cup ticketing, then do they have any Men's product to sell until the single Nations "League" match in November"?

Canada Red is like being a part of any business’ mailing list for promotions-you might have to unsubscribe to remove yourself.

No log in for any of the Canada Red paid schemes. 

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

No log in for any of the Canada Red paid schemes. 

I'm a little puzzled though how there doesn't seem to be any continuity (as far as I can see) between each year's CSA membership (aka a renewal), given that one of the benefits they list for Red+White is Advance access to FIFA World Cup ticket allotment.

image.png.82205078605cf4ba186ba09dc4812407.png

I know we've had teething problems, but at least we have a clear renewal process, and it's certainly linked to the previous membership.

Yeah, I misinterpreted the Voyageurs renewal notice - but at least there was one!

Edited by nfitz

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

I'm a little puzzled though how there doesn't seem to be any continuity (as far as I can see) between each year's CSA membership (aka a renewal), given that one of the benefits they list for Red+White is Advance access to FIFA World Cup ticket allotment.

I know we've had teething problems, but at least we have a clear renewal process, and it's certainly linked to the previous membership.

Yeah, I misinterpreted the Voyageurs renewal notice - but at least there was one!

Because the WC in Qatar and Australia/NZ are so close apart, and knowing that the CSA made tickets to both events available for their Red groups perhaps the expiry date will be after the WWC.  Again just speculating on what I know so far.

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm confused. When does presale happen for those sections?

When is the regular sale?

Will the Red + White + Gold + Platinum stuff even matter since it is a CONCACAF event?

What do you need to do to get a presale code?

There was a pre sale today for TFC season ticket holders.

It's for today only.

I have no idea about any other sales

Edited by narduch

On 4/20/2023 at 3:05 PM, nfitz said:

I definitely had the Red and White one. And i havent noticed a charge either

On 4/21/2023 at 6:15 PM, blueseeka said:

I definitely had the Red and White one. And i havent noticed a charge either

I have the Red+White membership and I got a nice membership pack a few weeks ago.  It's been less than 9 months since I paid for it, so I suspect (as another poster has said) that the annual renewal won't be charged until after the Women's World Cup.

6 hours ago, umpiredice said:

I have the Red+White membership and I got a nice membership pack a few weeks ago.  It's been less than 9 months since I paid for it, so I suspect (as another poster has said) that the annual renewal won't be charged until after the Women's World Cup.

No way. You gotta be more than that to get the membership package. 

Red + White was the $50 one.
And I didn’t get shit, is why I’m saying that too lol.