Gold Cup 2023

13 minutes ago, Redpunkfiddle said:

Clearly waiting to 100 percent confirm where Mexico will play.

So if all goes as expected we’ll play them at … Las Vegas!

If they somehow pooch the dog and come 2nd in group then we’d play whoever at Snapdragon. 

I would have thought they would prefer to have USA at Vegas and Mexico in San Diego. Obviously if they ended up on the same side of the bracket, that semi would go to Vegas though.

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@Pottsy3 , @mrstepp817  disaster aside, it will be Harambe time! 🦍

Dance Dancing GIF by AFV Pets

If there is a bus, I may interested.

I'd even be interested in roadtripping this from Ottawa if I have at least two other drivers with me.

I have a wedding July 8th :( if I make it im going to need a lot of Tylenol and Gatorade

14 hours ago, SoccMan said:

I think it was Chile if not mistaken , yes we should have done better , but little did we know how good that Chile team was if you look at the players and the careers some of those Chile players had . 

And it's funny one of the best players on that team was Mathias Vidangossy. He didn't end up continuing part of that gold generation.
image.png.f1e2c147fc71746b4c73545514efbf1f.png

He absolutely was destroying Nana Attakora that game(dropped him like a basketball crossover). I remember being at the stadium and just seeing the pressure they were applying that Canada couldn't handle.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

And it's funny one of the best players on that team was Mathias Vidangossy. He didn't end up continuing part of that gold generation.
image.png.f1e2c147fc71746b4c73545514efbf1f.png

He absolutely was destroying Nana Attakora that game(dropped him like a basketball crossover). I remember being at the stadium and just seeing the pressure they were applying that Canada couldn't handle.

I felt terrible for Nana watching that game live.  I remember Nana getting dropped so vividly too.  Vidangossy absolutely destroyed him and I was calling him to be the next big thing out of Chile.  But it was almost everyone else from that Chile team that went on to have bigger success than Vidangossy.  Villareal signed him but he ended up back in Chile and moved around Chile and Latin American clubs for awhile.

4 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I felt terrible for Nana watching that game live.  I remember Nana getting dropped so vividly too.  Vidangossy absolutely destroyed him and I was calling him to be the next big thing out of Chile.  But it was almost everyone else from that Chile team that went on to have bigger success than Vidangossy.  Villareal signed him but he ended up back in Chile and moved around Chile and Latin American clubs for awhile.

I played with Nana (and Gabe Gala) at NTC Ontario so I was cheering for him, but my oh my I felt embarrassed for him lol.
I remember the move he did too, it was a futsal like top-roll-shimmy that dropped him. 

18 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

There’s a Blue Jays game that night too, so if they’ll want to attract fans they’ll really need to be careful with the pricing for an opponent like this or it will be a sparse crowd 

I don't think CONCACAF cares about a sparse crowd. They care about getting paid. If the money doesn't come in to them for this game, they won't bother to do it for another 3 or 4 tournaments again.

Looking at the groups and knockout rounds and it could be very interesting if we win the group. We could play either Jamaica or USA in the quarter finals….and if I’m betting I think it might be the USA. 

Jamaica is planning on bringing a strong team with guys like Demarai Gray finally getting his paperwork sorted, and Michaill Antonio returning. The reality is the USA could bring a mixed squad based on who they bring to the Nations league final. Plus the fact that they play each other in their tournament opener could be the early decider.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

I missed the interview but did he indicate how many players would fall in this category? David, Larin, Adekugbe, Ugbo are the only names that come to my mind. Buchanan may fall into this category, but it's not like David where his move is a near certainty, or Larin and Adekugbe where things are up in the air, nor is he in a bad spot and needing to move like Ugbo. 

Regardless, it seems to me like 5 players maximum fall into this category. Throw in another 1-2 unforeseen curveballs, because injuries happen and circumstances change.

So let's say 6-7 players will be switched up, perhaps. That's not overly heavy rotation, is it? 

I think the problem may be that it could be the top end guys missing. Our top two scorers, our 2nd best (or arguably best) winger, a borderline starting fullback, and a back up forward. That stings, but other teams will have to rotate, too.

To me heavy rotation means key players/started being out and that is very likely.

We will still have quality in the squad, but we will be lacking familiarity.

Potential recall back to NF for Laryea, especially if they relegate. Players like Vitoria and Borjan given their age may need a break.  Kone has played a ton of games in his first pro yr and did not have a pre-season with Watford. There's a good chance  it will be an MLS heavy squad plus players that JH wants to cap tie like Jebbo.

39 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Potential recall back to NF for Laryea, especially if they relegate. Players like Vitoria and Borjan given their age may need a break.  Kone has played a ton of games in his first pro yr and did not have a pre-season with Watford. There's a good chance  it will be an MLS heavy squad plus players that JH wants to cap tie like Jebbo.

Because MLS doesn't take a full break some teams may pressure to keep players 

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

Looks like it will be another free-for-all for those 2000 or so tickets...good ole Covid days

$46.25 including all the fees for tickets in the south end. Still not the cheapest, priced to sell out especially considering it will likely be against a minnow. 

1 minute ago, Cblake said:

$46.25 including all the fees for tickets in the south end. Still not the cheapest, priced to sell out especially considering it will likely be against a minnow. 

It's not but if the Vee's are given an allotment it will certainly be sold out fast. 

Just now, Shway said:

It's not but if the Vee's are given an allotment it will certainly be sold out fast. 

The Vs have section 112-115, 116-118 will be sold out thru the TFC presale. There is not much left in the presale for those sections. It is the rest of the stadium I am thinking about. 

I don't get it.

If most of the cheap tickets are available in the presale for TFC, and the rest of the south is blocked out for the Voyageurs, then what does CSA have to sell to their Red+Gold and Red groups?

Edited by nfitz

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

Dreams 😂

I'm just concerned there is a clusterf*** here, and CSA and Voyageurs won't have enough tickets allotted to them.

Meanwhile there's also some east and west side tickets at the cheaper price. I'm surprised that TFC tickets holders already cleaned out so many tickets.