2022 Voyageurs Player of the Year

Shway

28 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think Davies wins, but it should be Steph 

Where's the love for Tajon here? 🤪

I see Davies winning this, considering he scored the historic first goal and considering who he is, but I would love for Eustaquio to win it. Davies and David will dominate this for the foreseeable future, so spreading the recognition would be nice.

And speaking of David, I wonder what his chances are. He did carry us on his back during the January window in the absence of Davies (and to a lesser extent, Eustaquio). That's the window that basically sealed the deal for us - and he score two beautiful goals in that window as well. It's too bad he couldn't show more at the WC...

Edited by Obinna

Eustaquio is my top vote. After that it gets trickier.

Larin and David were very good in qualifying but showed not much in Qatar (and still don’t play together well). Without Vittoria at the back we’d be in big trouble. Borjan was the worthy captain until Qatar when he was less than ideal. Johnston the iron man. Buchanan has been good and a pleasure to watch. Davies, I think, has to be better to win it again. There were times when we were better off without him (although to me this is indicative of coaching, of Herdman’s inability to settle on a role for him.) 

I weight my voting to performance with the NT rather than club play. I think it’s especially difficult not to weight toward WC play this year. 

My vote is based, probably unfairly, on World Cup performances:

1. Alphonso Davies. The goal, most cathartic moment in Canadian sport?

2. Tajon Buchanan. Just keeps progressing to the top of the world. And love his personal back story.

3. Eustaquio, well, cause we all kinda knew it was over when he went down.