After watching Croatia and Morocco, what Canada still lacks

football_world

26 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I haven't thoroughly gone through this thread so maybe it was mentioned.  But Justin Smith may be the 6 we are looking for if he can develop into a player we all hope for based on his U20 performances and being owned by OGC Nice.  

I think we are all rooting for him to develop into a solid CB option for us but from what I've seen and read, he could become a 6 for us.  I used to have that role as a lock for Eustaquio but watching what he's been doing with Porto in a more advanced 8 role, I'd be fully supportive of using Staq at that 8.  If Smith pans out and becomes a CDM instead of CB, we may have a solid young trio between Smith, Kone & Eustaquio running our midfield.  

(Smith still has a lot to prove obviously but he looked fantastic for us with the U20s)

Could you imagine if he turns into a regular in ligue 1.  

GK 
Johnston (celtic) Kennedy (promotion to Bundesliga?) Miller (bolgna?) Davies (BM)
Smith (nice)
Staq (porto) Kone (watford)
Buchanan (napoli) David (Man u/inter?) Koleosho(Espanyol)

Obviously our cb are the concern and wishful thinking they will be div 1 in europe. 

^The overwhelming core of the rosters of the better, non European sides play in Europe and the elite squads have their guys playing in top five European leagues.  Mexico still has a roster heavy with LigaMX players but still haven't been able to break through the glass celing to get into the QFs, and this year their lack of Caldwellian quality left them three and out.