Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

55 minutes ago, red card said:

As per TheyScored, the Prem (also tops Euros) & MLS are tied for most players at Copa America.

41 - Premier League
41 - MLS 
35 - Liga MX 
35 - Serie A 
28 - La Liga 
23 - Serie A 
20 - Primera División (Bolivia)
16 - Primera División (Argentina)
16 - Liga FPD (Costa Rica)
13 - EFL Championship 
13 - Primeira Liga (Portugal)

By club, it is more of the clubs in tier 2 or lower leagues making their presence. Top Canadian club is CFM with 4. CFM is also tied with Minnesota as top MLS club.

9 - Bolívar 
7 - Deportivo Saprissa 
7 - Club América 
5 - Herediano 
5 - Fulham 
5 - Libertad (Paraguay)
5 - FC Porto 
5 - Flamengo 
5 - Always Ready (Bolivia)
5 - Universitario (Peru)

Very cool mix of club and league representation. 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

This is why I am not worried about the Davies vs Staq captaincy issue.  It was only Herdman who let the players determine it on the field depending on who was "feeling it".  Good coaching will involve making sure the players know what is expected re PKs, free kicks, corners, etc.  Eliminating those sorts of on-field decisions means that Davies' role as captain will be limited to interacting with the ref and leading by example.  

I think the concern is that Davies at times seems to try to "do too much", and that this tendency might be exasperated by being made captain. You're right, good coaching can give players clearly defined roles, something I think Herdman failed to do at times with the top players especially going forward. We'll see how it goes.

43 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I think the concern is that Davies at times seems to try to "do too much", and that this tendency might be exasperated by being made captain. You're right, good coaching can give players clearly defined roles, something I think Herdman failed to do at times with the top players especially going forward. We'll see how it goes.

Only way Davies gets his stock at least back up is to ball out during Copa 

Be interesting to see how the grass on top of turf will hold up in our game vs Argentina.  They did something similar at the then Skydome for a Brazil v Chile friendly. Parts of the field started to roll up, but generally it didn't affect the game much. Could it be an advantage for Canada?

5 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Be interesting to see how the grass on top of turf will hold up in our game vs Argentina.  They did something similar at the then Skydome for a Brazil v Chile friendly. Parts of the field started to roll up, but generally it didn't affect the game much. Could it be an advantage for Canada?

That SkyDome game (which was 10~ years ago?) had grass directly on the concrete. Couldn't have been great.

1 minute ago, RS said:

That SkyDome game (which was 10~ years ago?) had grass directly on the concrete. Couldn't have been great.

so they removed the turf? Was at the game and it seemed to play ok

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Plus they just rolled it out like a couple of days ago too.  Hope it holds well.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Plus they just rolled it out like a couple of days ago too.  Hope it holds well.

They wouldn't actually be rolling out sod like you do when you change the lawn in your backyard, though, would they? They'd have a series of deep pallets with mature grass already rooted, then those pallets would be brought in and laid out to form the pitch. The grass should be fine for us, as we're the first game. The subsequent games might be worse, depending on how the grass survives inside over days and weeks.

4 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Naaahh.  We played in shanty towns and rough neighbours , at night for pocket money as the Uruguayans do ,  we can prevail in a dreadful pitch,  buddy 

44 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Naaahh.  We played in shanty towns and rough neighbours , at night for pocket money as the Uruguayans do ,  we can prevail in a dreadful pitch,  buddy 

Lol it's the opposite. We shit the bed on shit pitches. See: Jamaica, Haiti, Honduras away.

15 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

Lol it's the opposite. We shit the bed on shit pitches. See: Jamaica, Haiti, Honduras away.

That was JAVIERF, when he says "We" he is talking about Argentina. I know, I know. It's annoying. Worse than when WestHamCanadianInOxford says "We" meaning West Ham.

1 hour ago, PastPros said:

Content like this about CMNT makes me happy:

Steven Caldwell and Kevin Kilbane definitely need a perfect strangers type roomie sitcom. I can only imagine the hilarity that insues after Steven gets home from work to discover Kevin drank the last of his Almond Milk

....................Creapeau...............

Layrea  Bombito Cornélius Davies 

Eustaquio.     Koné    Millar

Shaffelburg.   David    Buchanan 

Is the team Scaloni Aimar , Ayala and Walter Samuel  are expecting from Canada and the one they practised in the camp