Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

The southest country and the Bergoglio's country (a k.a The Pope) will line up with 

Martinez

Montiel 

Romero 

Otamendi

Niko Gonzaléz 

Macallister

Lo Celso 

DePaul 

Messi 

Lautaro 

Julián Álvarez 

8 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

We are not as streetwise as other South American, CONCACAF or CAF TEAMS.  

You are facing an European team here but with true grit and accuracy plus a bit of flair and talent, the most of them all,  since culture and ethnicity 

Care to rephrase this for those of us who don’t speak STREETWISE?

12 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

We are not as streetwise as other South American, CONCACAF or CAF TEAMS.  

You are facing an European team here but with true grit and accuracy plus a bit of flair and talent, the most of them all,  since culture and ethnicity 

Mate. I will seriously answer this once.  

There are plenty of streetwise nations in central America.  That hurt, even destroyed us in the past.  Our talent level is too high now, as the results show.  

It is one factor in a football match. An important one but not the defining one.  

It has become a joke because you are trying to make it so.

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Care to rephrase this for those of us who don’t speak STREETWISE?

Perú and Chile national football teams are very much streetwise a bit Brazil and Colombia Venezuela and yes Paraguay is fully streetwise operator, Algeria and Morocco are streetwise Saudi Arabia is definitely streetwise ,  Iran is streetwise ,  Túnez Is streetwise  as Senegal Angola and Nigeria are ,  Honduras El Salvador Nicaragua Mexico Guatemala C.R are streetwise. 

Spain and Italy are streetwise as the Irish and Germans Romania Albania too, Portugal are streetwise merchants too , Croatia and the Serbs too and of course the Greeks won an EUROCOPA as Being streetwise and Turkey a 3rd spot in 2002

3 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

HEHE, cultural sterotype, homer enthusiasm, tiny bit of derision and condescention in a sort of happy frienddly troll package.  

No stereotype, it is a tangible and concrete fact.

Jack Charlton's Eire , anyone ? 

Big time cheaters from Aldo, the cheaters Ronnie Whelan Brady and Kevin Sheedy to Dennis Irwin and Paul McGrath and Kevin Moran .

Cuti Romero is the Kevin Moran of this age!

49 minutes ago, CCrTFC said:

Silly question but is grass being installed at the Atlanta stadium for the tournament or is it going to be turf? 

42 minutes ago, narduch said:

I had read yes previously.

But for the life of me can't find any new news on this.

It will probably suck because it will be laid right on top of the current surface 

9 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I dont even know what hes talking about anymore.  Are there any good teams that arent streetwise??  Let me guess, ticking off my cultural sterotypes here, nordic countries, asian countries and north america??  

Jack Charlton's Eire was a good team but it was made of streetwise cheaters at the time 

Ronnie Whelan  Liam Brady Kevin Sheedy Houghton Townsend McGrath's Moran Frank Stapleton Aldridge Irwin and Mick McCarthy the most noticeable 

Roy Keane was a hard man but an honest player 

5 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I'll repeat...are there any good teams (countries) that arent "streetwise".  I dont need another list of players...

Belgium , Australia , Argentina's Messi ,  Japan , France Uruguay, and for your memory JAMAICA . 

I forgot the Dutch as Michael Caine said in gold member Holland is streetwise all the way 

17 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I'll repeat...are there any good teams (countries) that arent "streetwise".  I dont need another list of players...

Mexico's Gerry Martino wasn't streetwise he wiped out an important element of mexican national football team, that's why they were out of their element tbf

23 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Google “GDP per capita” and if they’re above Canada, not streetwise. Below Canada, streetwise. Extremely below Canada? Buddy, you’re in for a dark alley knife fight. 

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Oh God. You went for the bait. 🤦‍♂️

Reel Them In Gone Fishin GIF by Football Australia

If “STREETWISE” means gaming every single little advantage you can to give you an edge over the opposition which is the thing a lot of people point to when talking about what makes South American teams special, I mean, we’re a nation that plays our home games in subzero temperatures because the Central American teams can’t deal. We let Richie Laryea mess around with players worth more than his entire club, we have Alistair Johnston pissing off these extremely elite opponents, you have Eustaquio pulling nutmegs on KDB, Davies *literally* playing like he’s playing street ball. We have a slew of anti-Pep wingers like Millar, Shaffelburg, Davies, etc., who play with SKILL and PASSION and LOVE FOR THE BEAUTIFUL GAME and not just back passes and xA/60 merchants. You have Ismael Kone who has long hair, which we all know is a sign of a top, top footballer- Brazil started suffering when their players cut their hair to be more appropriate for the clean and proper premier league crowd. I won’t say we’re the most streetwise team in concacaf, but someone could make that argument. 

58 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Jack Charlton's Eire was a good team but it was made of streetwise cheaters at the time 

Ronnie Whelan  Liam Brady Kevin Sheedy Houghton Townsend McGrath's Moran Frank Stapleton Aldridge Irwin and Mick McCarthy the most noticeable 

Roy Keane was a hard man but an honest player 

A shout out to Keano. NOW you're growing on me.

23 minutes ago, Canuckia said:

A shout out to Keano. NOW you're growing on me.

Irish players in the 80's and 90's were elite players but they were too much streetwise for Todays football

Liam Brady 

Ronnie Whelan 

Mark Lawrenson 

Kevin Sheedy 

Ray Houghton 

Tony Galvin

All the talking to the officials to soften their decisions against Ireland Republic.  That's "banlieu football" In my dictionary, mate 

1 minute ago, narduch said:

This is how I picture Argentina STREETWISE

image.thumb.png.d06e49ab219ae8ae55cb6472ba51ab85.png

The far right has spoken,  ....but as Joan Baez's and Paul Hewson sang and shouted "El pueblo vencerá" we still got the Peronist Pope,  we still have a hope , that guy is the result of the voting of younger generations over hate and racism- classism and hedonistic society concept, will disappear.  Richest few they hate the working class on this soil.  

Mbappe talked that France Is experiencing the same and he is calling to stop the Far right 

just  three flags :

1) social justice 

2) political sovereignity 

3)economic independence 

That's makes the third way as good old Tony Blair defended with his life!

2 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

The southest country and the Bergoglio's country (a k.a The Pope) will line up with 

Martinez

Montiel 

Romero 

Otamendi

Niko Gonzaléz 

Macallister

Lo Celso 

DePaul 

Messi 

Lautaro 

Julián Álvarez 

Sounds better than "inflation nation".

1 minute ago, JAVIERF said:

The far right has spoken,  ....but as Joan Baez's and Paul Hewson sang and shouted "El pueblo vencerá" we still got the Peronist Pope,  we still have a hope , that guy is the result of the voting of younger generations over hate and racism- classism and hedonistic society concept, will disappear.  Richest few they hate the working class on this soil.  

Mbappe talked that France Is experiencing the same and he is calling to stop the Far right 

just  three flags :

1) social justice 

2) political sovereignity 

3)economic independence 

That's makes the third way as good old Tony Blair defended with his life!

The problem is that the children and grandchildren of the working class people voted to the far right with the promess of " you can be rich too" and " hate your useless retired  grandpa /grandma who are a Peronist or UCR obsolète citizens". " Let's make Argentina great again ".  Kids and haters went fot it,  

But El pueblo ( teachers , unions , doctors etc) will always prevail .