Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

With that defence,  you can't beat us.  The attacking is alright

The center mid Is a concern no bite.

Let's put aside the streetwise mantra 

De Paul has true grit

MacAllister has an engine and wise passes and vision 

Enzo Fernandez is a terrier plus has an eye for long shot accuracy 

Paredes he is not as combative as a holding midfielder should be since he was a former #10 but his passing range is sublime,   sublime !

We have other options there as well ,    Messi goes deep to to roam around with DiMaria and Nicko Gonzalez is speedy 

13 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

With that defence,  you can't beat us.  The attacking is alright

The center mid Is a concern no bite.

Let's put aside the streetwise mantra 

De Paul has true grit

MacAllister has an engine and wise passes and vision 

Enzo Fernandez is a terrier plus has an eye for long shot accuracy 

Paredes he is not as combative as a holding midfielder should be since he was a former #10 but his passing range is sublime,   sublime !

We have other options there as well ,    Messi goes deep to to roam around with DiMaria and Nicko Gonzalez is speedy 

Garnacho is also there

Just now, TGAA_Star said:

Garnacho is also there

Yeah but he is side midfielder ,  he can't control the tempo,  good player though

Lo Celso Is a #10

Palacios Is like Enzo Fernandez 

And Guido Rodriguez is classic positional center midfielder 

Posted (edited)

The most important thing is the art of defence ,   we made individual mistakes at the WC that we paid all of them all of them ,  we didn't get lucky 

The Saudis two goals 

The Australia goal

The two goals Vs Holland were our mistakes 

And the France penalties both 

Edited by JAVIERF

I feel confident in results vs Chile and Peru after that France match. It’s probably been mentioned a dozen times but both those teams sit third last and dead last in CONEMBOL WCQ. Chile’s only win has come against Peru as well. However they did score twice against France and beat Albania in the March window. 

Just now, Atlantic said:

I feel confident in results vs Chile and Peru after that France match. It’s probably been mentioned a dozen times but both those teams sit third last and dead last in CONEMBOL WCQ. Chile’s only win has come against Peru as well. However they did score twice against France and beat Albania in the March window. 

Thats where we honestly see the progress.  

41 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Almost the 2nd 

Robots can run all day,  but footballers are artists

How is Kendry Paez looking for Ecuador?

I need a strong performance from him so I can sell more of his Copa America stickers on Ebay

2 hours ago, Atlantic said:

Ya, me too.  I haven't watched much of Chile and Peru, my concern is if they bunker down.  How will we deal with that?  We won't face it until then, we might have a whole new challenge to figure out very quickly come then.

22 minutes ago, costarg said:

Ya, me too.  I haven't watched much of Chile and Peru, my concern is if they bunker down.  How will we deal with that?  We won't face it until then, we might have a whole new challenge to figure out very quickly come then.

I doubt any of the Copa teams will worry about us to the point where they will bunker.  Rightly or wrongly, I suspect they will see us as the team they can get points off - not as one they need to be overly cautious with.  

4 minutes ago, nolando said:

So now what happens? Does the squad stay together mostly or to they break and regroup? What changes can even happen at this point regarding personnel?

3 days off. So said Eustaquio.

Marsch none too pleased at that but understands some have not been off season long.

Side note: 

It just dawned on me that with the Euros there will be 5 high level matches a day, some days later in the month.

image.png.55ff49ee8bf178236fe5b82b4eb0f252.png

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Marsch none too pleased at that but understands some have not been off season long.

Side note: 

It just dawned on me that with the Euros there will be 5 high level matches a day, some days later in the month.

Busy month coming up!

5 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Side note: 

Cool thing I saw, when asked to say where that photo is, the geoguessr guy figured out it was in Girona.

In case anyone is looking for a lifelong companion.