Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

And to this point, I will share what @red card shared in the pre-match thread:

image.png.07b32ebebf22eb85ea4a2fa8e77af9e3.png

As you can see, Croatia (your analog for Argentina), Netherlands and France all skew toward Slow & Intricate.

I am sure Argentina would plot in that bottom right quadrant also. Therefore, these Friendlies are good tests for Argentina. 

When did England become so slow and intricate ?

They should have kept the Steve Bull, Alan Smith ( the player ) or Peter Crouch strategy.  

Croatia is an analog of Argentina,  Belgium too as De Bruyne is gonna play as false 9 now under the new coach,  maybe the Serbs but they are too tall but the can pass it on the deck,  the Turkish are very good on the ball but somewhat they eliminate themselves 

1 hour ago, JAVIERF said:

Attacking is always more plausible than the art of defending , @ObinnaArgentima is for you like playing Croatia or Serbia that kind of a team.  Our players are pedestrians but they can pass it with grit and accuracy,  the ball in triangles and moving around it.  

On the Saudi match ,  remember we got 3 goals disallowed,  1 which was very rough,   kudos to them that scored and scored again,  we couldn't cancel their lead.

But that same Saudi team with 3 points Vs  Lewandowsland 1 point, they got knackered so badly by them .  That game if Roberto and company didn't miss a few sitters was a 5-0 match was the most uneven match of the WC after Spain Vs Keylor

Don't forget the World Cup was also fixed for Messi to win. With that in mind the game vs Canada should be extra interesting 

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yes how many will Argentina score is the issue, but the counterpoint is that we have that issue against Argentina no matter what.

We can try and play open and toe-to-toe, just as we did in the NL finals last year, and lose to a superior side, by multiple goals. OR we can bunker and force Argentina to break us down, which they will do eventually, as they have arguably have the best player on the planet for that.

OR we can press Argenntina and hope we can scrap a goal and hope they don't punish us too badly on the backend.

Either way you view it, we are going to be in tough against the World champs. May as well try and force the issue by pressing. We are going to do that anyways with Marsch, so it's not a question of what style to play, but anyway...

I agree,  that Canada's problem now is the back line ,  and personnel.  Marsch and his philosophy doesn't seem good for that parcel of the game.  

That zator could be an option alongside Cornelius or Miller,  Millet seems better in a back 3

2 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Don't forget the World Cup was also fixed for Messi to win. With that in mind the game vs Canada should be extra interesting 

So fixed he scored a screamer Vs Mexico. 

I guess the Mexican didn't know that, and the Australians neither they did,  that's why we let the Dutch score in the 13 minute of added time ,  just for fun because we are mostly peronists...( Working class heroes' Messi) we want it the hard way when the crooks hate Union and social justice ❤️

Wasn't rigged at all, pal,  

8 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

The last time you won something relevant you had Ricky Villa , Ossie and two Irishmen ( hughton / Galvin ) in the 11.  And Pochettino almost breaks through,

8 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

The last time you won something relevant you had Ricky Villa , Ossie and two Irishmen ( hughton / Galvin ) in the 11.  And Pochettino almost breaks through,

Hey, I have huge respect for Argentina as a footballing nation. The last thing I want is beef with the guy pretending to be from Ghana, pretending to be from Argentina. I was just reminding you that the World Cup was fixed but Argentina is good at football. No doubt 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Hey, I have huge respect for Argentina as a footballing nation. The last thing I want is beef with the guy pretending to be from Ghana, pretending to be from Argentina. I was just reminding you that the World Cup was fixed but Argentina is good at football. No doubt 

That's opinion mate, you can't refuse proof nor fscts ,  now players have a camera wherever they go.  Your thesis is a bit of fraudulent.f

Which ones were rigged from those 7.?? France?

I'm from Padua, papito ,  no Ghana ,   

Edited by JAVIERF

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PastPros said:

I know I'm not missing anything when a page starts like this...

Screenshot_20240605_200547_Chrome.jpg

Tell me you wore your underwear in the shower after gym class without telling me you wore your underwear in the in the shower after gym class. 

I like how someone comes in to a Canadian Soccer forum to defend Canada Soccer against a troll from an upcoming opposition and some smug prick takes a shot at him proudly without even knowing what is being discussed. What a cool guy

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

Tell me you wore your underwear in the shower after gym class without telling me you wore your underwear in the in the shower after gym class. 

I like how someone comes in to a Canadian Soccer forum to defend Canada Soccer against a troll from an upcoming opposition and some smug prick takes a shot at him proudly without even knowing what is being discussed. What a cool guy

Thanks but my comments are sincere and I've been around since the Voyageurs website ,  2004 or maybe before , 1997 maybe just before Korea zjapan website I think,  so I remember every group of players you had since 1996, 2997 or something like that.  🥂 

12 minutes ago, Mihairokov said:

Hopefully we fare better against Netherlands tomorrow than Mexico has tonight against Uruguay... 🫣

Ive just finished teaching at the Univ,  Im gonna get it from futbollibre

Thanks 🧉 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Do you speak Blackfoot as well?

No,  just rioplatense,  (uru arg) English and French since I lived and worked in Genève a few years ago 

I also speak Peronism/ Labourism too 🧉 🧉 

Edited by JAVIERF

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

What does Canada have to do vs Argentina for you to leave and never return?

I love you too.  But you ain't funny.  John Candy was funny, Leslie Nielsen was funny and Phil Hsrtmann was extremely funny, you ain't no Phil Hartmann ....

@Borjans Sweatpants

Edited by JAVIERF

58 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Considering that they seem to be habitual offenders shouldn't there be some kind of stronger penalty if this rule is in place.

They won't remove them from the WC ,  they will receive money charges .  One thing could be remove their stadiums,  and Montreal Ottawa and others cities such as Chicago and others 

I think our starting 11 today is our starting 11 v Argentina 

I'm not sold on Shaffelburg, Choinier, Brym, Zator coming off the bench. Defenders are less of a concern coming off the bench 

Piette and Hoilett im confident off the bench

What are the chances players not with the team now could draw in to the roster for Copa?