Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

I'm definitely all for the way a country plays football is a reflection of their society. But there is no need to get carried away. I think especially in 2024 when we live in a time when everyone's every action and behavior is over evaluated, diagnosed, labeled and stereotyped. I'm just kinda bored with these sort of topics

1 hour ago, JAVIERF said:

In other words We wouldn't have won three world cups,  without the third way (Labourism/ Peronism).  We even placed a guy in the Vatican because of the third way.

You honestly don't have a clue...about anything. Not just football. Anything. 

10 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

Close enough but Saint Antoine of Padua ! Mendoza Bariloche Salta Greater Bs As is the same 

On the richest quartiers liké San Isidro Belgrano San Fernando Olivos the main sport is RUGBY 

Like in the most inequality provinces we have like Tucumán Santa Fé and Santiago del Estero the richest play and dream rugby 🏉.  Plus big cities Mar del Plata and Rosario richest play the rugby 

Argentina over the past 25 years or so have made somw huge strides in World Rugby, There 7s team ia maybe the top team in World 

1 hour ago, longlugan said:

You honestly don't have a clue...about anything. Not just football. Anything. 

One WC for each flag 

1)Political sovereignty 

2)Economic Independence 

3)Social Justice 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

So.. anyone want to take a stab at our starting 11?

Here is something a little unconventional 

Davies----David---Buchanan

-----------Hoilett-------------

-----Eustaquio--Kone-------

LDF--Cornelius--Bombito--Johnston

------–----St. Clair-----------

*Tried to keep the MLS guys to a minimum, considering they got in 3 days later.

*LDF gets a surprise start on the opposite side.

*Choiniere replaces Hoilett at some point to see how he does in that pressing CAM role.

*Hoilett may not have the legs, but he has the brains, so Marsch gives him first crack at it.

*Alternatively, we push Kone up there to replace Hoilett, after having a few days to work on the roll.

*Piette or Osorio then come on to fill Kobe's spot.

*Could also be David at that CAM spot, with someone like Bair or Ugbo leading the line, maybe even Brym. Someone with legs who can press. Or Larin obviously.

*Maybe even Millar gets a start somewhere here. Not that I am predicting or asking for it, but I wonder if he is someone who could play that CAM role...

*If we really want to go non-MLS for this one, do we see Zator start instead of Bombito. Would be wild 😜 

Edited by Obinna

10 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm definitely all for the way a country plays football is a reflection of their society. But there is no need to get carried away. I think especially in 2024 when we live in a time when everyone's every action and behavior is over evaluated, diagnosed, labeled and stereotyped. I'm just kinda bored with these sort of topics

If Argentina played a style of football that reflected their society, they would’ve sold Messi to the US (somehow) and would’ve banned Di Maria from their team for being too woke or whatever. I do wonder what system that manager Elon Musk would employ though. 

41 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Here is something a little unconventional 

Davies----David---Buchanan

-----------Hoilett-------------

-----Eustaquio--Kone-------

LDF--Cornelius--Bombito--Johnston

------–----St. Clair-----------

*Tried to keep the MLS guys to a minimum, considering they got in 3 days later.

*LDF gets a surprise start on the opposite side.

*Choiniere replaces Hoilett at some point to see how he does in that pressing CAM role.

*Hoilett may not have the legs, but he has the brains, so Marsch gives him first crack at it.

*Alternatively, we push Kone up there to replace Hoilett, after having a few days to work on the roll.

*Piette or Osorio then come on to fill Kobe's spot.

*Could also be David at that CAM spot, with someone like Bair or Ugbo leading the line, maybe even Brym. Someone with legs who can press. Or Larin obviously.

*Maybe even Millar gets a start somewhere here. Not that I am predicting or asking for it, but I wonder if he is someone who could play that CAM role...

*If we really want to go non-MLS for this one, do we see Zator start instead of Bombito. Would be wild 😜 

I should add that I am talking about the Netherlands friendly here. Not properly the Copa America, but certainly it's part of the prep. 

I am not sure we can really predict the starting line up against Argentina until we get these friendlies out of the way. 

20 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I should add that I am talking about the Netherlands friendly here. Not properly the Copa America, but certainly it's part of the prep. 

I am not sure we can really predict the starting line up against Argentina until we get these friendlies out of the way. 

A very fluid assymetrical 343/3421  would be another bold choice if you just went with the in-form (as much as possible) Europe crew.

--------------David--------------------

Millar--------Hoilett--------------------

Davies - Kone -  Eustaquio- Buchanan

-----Cornelius -Zator(LDF?) ---Johnston

6 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Definitely go 4-3-3 instead of 3-4-3

We have a left back conundrum, especially if you focus on European players in the first match.

Lots of players could possibly play there - Cornelius and then Miller, Hiebert, been a while for LDF and Laryea (eventually?)

But of course, the biggest question - what do you do with a player like Davies (cue Sound of Music music).

4 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

We have a left back conundrum, especially if you focus on European players in the first match.

Lots of players could possibly play there - Cornelius and then Miller, Hiebert, been a while for LDF and Laryea (eventually?)

But of course, the biggest question - what do you do with a player like Davies (cue Sound of Music music).

Good point but Davies needs to either be on the wing or up there in the attack

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

I've been thinking about how it's a little unfortunate that of all the times we get to play elite teams like Netherlands and France, it's right before we play an elite team in a major tournament. Now, don't get me wrong: when Netherlands/France invite you to play a friendly, you say Yes 100% of the time without question. But both games are going to be tough and don't really leave much room to experiment, and it might have been nice if either one of the friendlies was a bit weaker or the kick off game was against Peru or Chile.

Again: this is not a complaint. You take these two friendlies every single time without question or dispute, and it's amazing we're getting them plus the kick off game of the Copa against the defending WC/Copa champions. But spreading out our amazing games might have been nice too. 😉