Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

17 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

He likes the attention.  I am currently in several arguments about my god like hockey knowledge on a Indonesian Hockey board.  They just wont accept because I am from Canada I know everything about all things hockey and they should be thankful I grace them with my opinionated condecending comments.

I assume you're just on their ranting about how Indonesia is on fewer "no-trade" lists than Winnipeg.

On 7/25/2024 at 4:36 PM, SpursFlu said:

So it's like Dangerous Minds

Thanks for the Québec singer performance and homage to both Edith mome Pfiaff and Eva Duarte de Perón on that balcony under the rain à Paris over her 72 death anniversary,  such a gesture from this classy talent you have nurtured undet your Canadian educational system as for Celine Dion.  

Lovely touch with the way he managed her " Evita " à Paris  

L'hymne a la amour such a powerful and vibrant performance by her, who may be under her unstoppable illness but all her humanity was there watching her was watching Evita again,  such passion humility and hummanity

He had a hell of a tournament. I wasn’t super impressed with how he had performed in champions league, so it was awesome to see him hold up against real world class opposition. 

I think Shaff had a better tournament than Raphinia, but hard to imagine they would’ve left Brazil completely off this TOTT.

And now Morata and Rodri have been swiftly suspended for their "Gibraltar is Spanish" chant after their win.  Can we just assume that there will be no penalty for going into the crowd?  And that there will be no penalty for their celebration song?

58 minutes ago, RJB said:

And now Morata and Rodri have been swiftly suspended for their "Gibraltar is Spanish" chant after their win.  Can we just assume that there will be no penalty for going into the crowd?  And that there will be no penalty for their celebration song?

Sounds ethnically equivalent, yet racially unequivalent, so without knowing anything about what happened I am going to assume there's only going to be a tiny fraction of blowback compared to that other "celebration song".

Bombito, Kone and Shaff amongst the biggest winners according to Dead Ball TV

Amongst the biggest losers are Larin, Laryea and Millar. 

Some interesting tidbits:

• Laryea was the worst dribbler in the entire tournament, going 0 for 9 in take-ons.
  • Bombito had the most clearances of any player in the tournament, by a wide margin. 
  • Bombito also had an 85% tackle rate, which was 2nd best of all players.

On 8/7/2024 at 4:37 PM, Obinna said:

Sounds ethnically equivalent, yet racially unequivalent, so without knowing anything about what happened I am going to assume there's only going to be a tiny fraction of blowback compared to that other "celebration song".

Did you mean ethically rather ethnically? Beyond that there's no obvious reason to expect UEFA and Comnebol to act in similar ways. Different continents can have very different consensus perspectives on how seriously certain matters should be taken. A Falkland Islands team joining South American World Cup qualifying in a similar way to Gibraltar with UEFA  would be interesting to watch unfold though if the population was a bit bigger. 

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Bombito, Kone and Shaff amongst the biggest winners according to Dead Ball TV

Amongst the biggest losers are Larin, Laryea and Millar. 

Some interesting tidbits:

• Laryea was the worst dribbler in the entire tournament, going 0 for 9 in take-ons.
  • Bombito had the most clearances of any player in the tournament, by a wide margin. 
  • Bombito also had an 85% tackle rate, which was 2nd best of all players.

Haven’t watched the video yet but it is tough to take seriously the notion that a Canadian team that got much further in the tournament than almost every pundit predicted with a brand new manager could have any of the biggest “losers” in the whole tournament, let alone three of them. Did they list everyone in the US and Mexican teams not named “Balogun” as being losers too? Even then, I don’t see how any of our three players mentioned could be at the same level of “loserdome” as the players from those teams. Laryea in particular being listed as a “loser” as he stepped up to the plate coming off a long term injury to help replace Tajon and Adekugbe (proving how invaluable he was) strikes me as the biggest absurdity of the three. Who did they think got the Chilean player sent off with both yellows to help us advance - a Herdman-controlled drone? 

Edited by Gian-Luca

8 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Haven’t watched the video yet but it is tough to take seriously the notion that a Canadian team that got much further in the tournament than almost every pundit predicted with a brand new manager could have any of the biggest “losers” in the whole tournament, let alone three of them. Did they list everyone in the US and Mexican teams not named “Balogun” as being losers too? Even then, I don’t see how any of our three players mentioned could be at the same level of “loserdome” as the players from those teams. Laryea in particular being listed as a “loser” as he stepped up to the plate coming off a long term injury to help replace Tajon and Adekugbe (proving how invaluable he was) strikes me as the biggest absurdity of the three. Who did they think got the Chilean player sent off with both yellows to help us advance - a Herdman-controlled drone? 

Haven't listened yet either, but if stadium security, the organizers, Mexico, USA and Weah aren't above our "biggest losers" I don't even wanna waste my time with this.

5 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I get what you are saying, but I don't see it as a negative at all.

Since Canada did so well, we are getting a lot of attention and that's driving a lot of dialog about Canadians, praise and criticism.

This is a good thing.

They talked more about Canadians than Americans and Mexicans combined, because we were more relavent. 

They gave Valverde and even Messi some criticism as well, because they are relevant. It's not saying they didn't have good moments. Same for Richie.

Don't take it so negatively. You have to be relevant to be mentioned in a stock up/stock down video. 

And if it makes you feel better, they have said before that Canada as a whole is a big stock up. They are not hating on us here.

5 hours ago, costarg said:

Haven't listened yet either, but if stadium security, the organizers, Mexico, USA and Weah aren't above our "biggest losers" I don't even wanna waste my time with this.

It's specifically about players. Like everyone covering the Copa, they talked at length about the security stuff already.

And yes they did put Weah in the loser category. They didn't rank who was a bigger loser that wasn't the point of the video.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2024 at 4:23 PM, Club Linesman said:

The Copa is over and doubt we play Argentina again in the next decade. Time for Javier to go back to South America.

When somebody cant play this sport becames....a linesman

UP with your flag... Wait.. var Is bettet than you 

Kisses

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They are suspended for official national team matches, so Nuñez actually misses five World Cup qualifiers.

Well done ,  thugs cant compete this level of amateurism Is wrong  one thing Is passion, having the heart un your sleeve  AND showing true grit like the irish the scotts and we have with Argentina w.c champions AND then Uruguay just thugs !!!

On 8/14/2024 at 5:11 PM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Did you mean ethically rather ethnically? Beyond that there's no obvious reason to expect UEFA and Comnebol to act in similar ways. Different continents can have very different consensus perspectives on how seriously certain matters should be taken. A Falkland Islands team joining South American World Cup qualifying in a similar way to Gibraltar with UEFA  would be interesting to watch unfold though if the population was a bit bigger. 

Malvinas team.is already playing the qualies for Conmebol cutie ,  it Is called Peronist Republic of Argentina 

I love you too!!

Being no fan of Maggie T I always viewed the Falklands War as a tragic waste of human life to prop up a deeply unpopular fascist junta, while General Leopoldo Galtieri's military regime in Argentina no doubt had similar motivations for being involved. Really too bad that Stanley United won't be emulating what Lincoln Red Imps did to Celtic in a Libertadores game against a visiting Argentinian club any time soon though.

17 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Being no fan of Maggie T I always viewed the Falklands War as a tragic waste of human life to prop up a deeply unpopular fascist junta, while General Leopoldo Galtieri's military regime in Argentina no doubt had similar motivations for being involved. Really too bad that Stanley United won't be emulating what Lincoln Red Imps did to Celtic in a Libertadores game against a visiting Argentinian club any time soon though.

The Junta Is the result of the coup detat of the Gorillaz ( antiperonista) after Juan Perón passed away.  

Anyway no good perdón could be fan of either La Junta nor Maggie nor Bolsonaro nor Trump nor Milei 

Thats why Life Is justice for each Bolsonaro or MILEI the labour party of the works get a Lula Da Silva in return thanks God