Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

Uruguay really blew it, up a man for 45 minutes and had probably 80% of the ball. Bad decision making and poor final pass. Colombia pissed away two clear cut chances to put the match away, they were begging them to get the tying goal and they couldn't manage it. Won't mind playing this Uruguay side.

25 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Uruguay really blew it, up a man for 45 minutes and had probably 80% of the ball. Bad decision making and poor final pass. Colombia pissed away two clear cut chances to put the match away, they were begging them to get the tying goal and they couldn't manage it. Won't mind playing this Uruguay side.

Uruguay will bully us. Not sure this team is up for the fight. Especially since we’re not really there fitness wise. If Uruguay are up for it, this could get ugly for us.

Edited by anthony7

14 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

We've got the adversary we wanna. Thank God is not Uruguay in this tournaments the fate of the favourite is ...a curse....

We all thought Uruguay would sweep aside all 

I think you wished for the wrong thing. Colombia looks really good. I think they have enough to win this tournament. I like how they play. Attractive football, more like what you might see from Spain. Not this third world South American street fighting shite. 

17 minutes ago, 74 Whitecap said:

Uruguay is one of the top sides in the world, but more beatable, in my opinion, than Colombia - Colombia is just so strong up and down the lineup. Uruguay generated less xg against Colombia, playing a full half with an extra man, than Canada did in either of our outings against Argentina.

Uruguay will bully us. Not sure this team is up for the fight. Especially since we’re not really there fitness wise. If Uruguay are up for it, this could get ugly for us.

8 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

Uruguay will bully us. Not sure this team is up for the fight. Especially since we’re not really there fitness wise. If Uruguay are up for it, this could get ugly for us.

Like they're gonna shove us in a locker or something? What are they gonna do? Trip us a bunch? I think our team are actually pretty tough and can back it up. If by getting ugly you mean they might goad us into a red card or two because CONMEBOL officiating is right at the crossroads of corrupt and incompetent then sure, maybe.

12 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I think you wished for the wrong thing. Colombia looks really good. I think they have enough to win this tournament. I like how they play. Attractive football, more like what you might see from Spain. Not this third world South American street fighting shite. 

The Uruguayans players are ok the radio as I type accusing the Colombia fans of attacking their families in the stands 

Weird wild stuff 

2 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Like they're gonna shove us in a locker or something? What are they gonna do? Trip us a bunch? I think our team are actually pretty tough and can back it up. If by getting ugly you mean they might goad us into a red card or two because CONMEBOL officiating is right at the crossroads of corrupt and incompetent then sure, maybe.

Ugly meaning the scoreline. These guys are way more athletic and fit. They play the game at a very high speed. We’re also potentially going with a B team with no chemistry against a top level team. Teams like Uruguay play with a lot of passion and if their fans get behind them, this could get ugly.

11 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

Ugly meaning the scoreline. These guys are way more athletic and fit. They play the game at a very high speed. We’re also potentially going with a B team with no chemistry against a top level team. Teams like Uruguay play with a lot of passion and if their fans get behind them, this could get ugly.

We held up well against Argentina and their passion. And we've seen many a passion over the years. Don't really see Uruguay as being in a different category.

4 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

We held up well against Argentina and their passion. And we've seen many a passion over the years. Don't really see Uruguay as being in a different category.

The Argentina team aren’t blessed with athleticism and power. There players are more technical gifted. They will break you down as you tire from a press. Two different styles of play. I’m just not sure our B team can handle the pace & power of a pissed off Uruguay.

Edited by anthony7

7 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

The Argentina team aren’t blessed with athleticism and power. There players are more technical gifted. They will break you down as you tire from a press. Two different styles of play. I’m just not sure our B team can handle the pace & power of a pissed off Uruguay.

If you say so, I guess we'll see. They weren't particularly powerful or technically gifted today.