Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

2 hours ago, costarg said:

I really hope so, but developing or finding another AD AND JD is no small feat.

A bit older, but we may have developed another star in Kone, who has all the attributes to reach that level if he stays consistent and fingers crossed on Bombito. Our squad now, talent wise is already better than WC22,  in less than 2 yrs.  Cant believe its been that long already!

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

A bit older, but we may have developed another star in Kone, who has all the attributes to reach that level if he stays consistent and fingers crossed on Bombito.

I’m still not entirely sold on Bombito.  He scored in his penalty, and good for him, but he didn’t actually have a good game against Venezuela.

5 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

No but our team is a lot more than both of those players. 

Absolutely, our supporting cast and baseline is already a lot higher than it was at WC.  I mean we were still calling up from Unattached FC not that long ago.  That will never happen again.

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

I’m still not entirely sold on Bombito.  He scored in his penalty, and good for him, but he didn’t actually have a good game against Venezuela.

He's still inexperienced, it'll come.  He's an absolute monster athletically, like literally built in a lab.  He has all the tools you want in a CB and then some.  He's intelligent and has a very cool head on his shoulders.  He will get there, I have no doubt.  Even with his few pro matches, he's still better than all the other options we have and it's not even close.

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

If you mean sold on the player he is this minute, I agree.  He still makes a lot of inexperienced mistakes.  For instance, he is much faster than Rondon but though strong, still much slighter.  So let Rondon have the header and clean up what ever happens.

If you mean sold on him being in side, I disagree wholeheartedly. 

6 hours ago, Spungi said:

Lalas,  Dempsey et al advocating what?! The USA and Mexico leaving CONCACAF for CONMEBOL?

They are so dumb!

Was Rickets on that panel? If yes whats was his reaction? 

2 hours ago, Kingston said:

He was not great vs Venezuela. But the kid has not played a full pro season yet and is already the 2nd best CB we have. Take that in. 

We need to be patient. He will be great for us. 

7 hours ago, Spungi said:

Lalas,  Dempsey et al advocating what?! The USA and Mexico leaving CONCACAF for CONMEBOL?

They all lost it when the US failed to qualify in 2018.  If they joined CONMBOL, that would be much more routine.

But a continued joint tournament still makes sense (but always in the US).

9 hours ago, costarg said:

He's still inexperienced, it'll come.  He's an absolute monster athletically, like literally built in a lab.  He has all the tools you want in a CB and then some.  He's intelligent and has a very cool head on his shoulders.  He will get there, I have no doubt.  Even with his few pro matches, he's still better than all the other options we have and it's not even close.

You, and others who replied similarly, do raise a very good point about his inexperience.  In the world of today, I am still cringing at the occasional dangerous errors he makes, but I do look forward to him improving and being a big contributor to the national team for years to come. 

15 hours ago, Spungi said:

That’s a ridiculous idea, but, sure, off you go – just realize you aren’t taking any CONCACAF World Cup slots with you.  We will send you a postcard from the 2030 World Cup to let you know what it was like.

Honestly, I am pretty happy to let the US soccer superstructure wallow in delusion.   By all means, keep playing all your games at home and then continue to fail on the biggest stages because you can’t deal with adversity.  Keep thinking you are a footy superpower and then self-flagellate when you fail.  Again.  And then don’t do any self exploration - blame it on the fact that you are part of CONCACAF (even though others seem to do just fine in exactly the same situation).  

Fuck me, it is something to observe.