Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

Just now, Corazon said:

Interesting comments coming from Leon Bailey as he leaves Copa America and the Jamaica squad.

I don't understand why Bailey is doing this at all. I really don't especially when Jamaica needs him.

1 minute ago, TGAA_Star said:

I don't understand why Bailey is doing this at all. I really don't especially when Jamaica needs him.

He explains exactly why he is doing it.  Whether Jamaica needs him or not, he explains that he's leaving due to lack of professionalism with the Jamaican FF.

Edited by Corazon

Kind of a coincidence, but I was just watching an old video of Canada beating Switzerland and the thought came to me how we never seem to have the problem of players showing up like we used to. 

All the stars playing in big leagues (like we have rarely had before) all show up.  I guess the last example of that was Scott Arfield and that was several years ago and not all that crucial.

1 hour ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Kind of a coincidence, but I was just watching an old video of Canada beating Switzerland and the thought came to me how we never seem to have the problem of players showing up like we used to. 

All the stars playing in big leagues (like we have rarely had before) all show up.  I guess the last example of that was Scott Arfield and that was several years ago and not all that crucial.

50 pages under the Scott Arfield thread would disagree.  But joking aside, it really didn’t end up being a big loss in the end.

What's the better result, Canada drawing France 0-0 away from home, or USA drawing Brazil 1-1 at home? France better than Brazil at the moment, but USA did score which is something we couldn't do 

Maybe biased but I think away to France is the better result, but there is an argument there. I guess you can say that Canada France result is probably the more unexpected, given our ranking compared to France. 

Never saw the USA match but was seemingly as even as our match with the French, maybe even moreso.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

What's the better result, Canada drawing France 0-0 away from home, or USA drawing Brazil 1-1 at home? France better than Brazil at the moment, but USA did score which is something we couldn't do 

Maybe biased but I think away to France is the better result, but there is an argument there. I guess you can say that Canada France result is probably the more unexpected, given our ranking compared to France. 

Never saw the USA match but was seemingly as even as our match with the French, maybe even moreso.

We were away against the better side and kept a clean sheet. Both results are good but I’d say ours is clear. 

Not sure if this is happening elsewhere but St-Laurent Mall in Ottawa is hosting viewing parties for all matches for Euro/Copa, I guess similar to what they did for the World Cup

https://stlaurentshoppingcentre.com/events/st-laurent-shopping-centre-euro-copa-viewing-lounge-51be84e2-d0c9-4de9-b1ef-5263db96aa5e

Don't think it works as well for Canada matches since two of them are at 8pm and the mall closes at 9, so...

Edited by Mihairokov

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Not sure if I was just in a mood last night but neither the US or Brazil looked overly impressive. They both had holes in their sides which should be easily exploited. Neither midfield was impressive, IMO.

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

It wasn't. If Turner didn't have 11 saves, it's a easy Brazil win. Brazil also had twice as many shots (25) and nearly twice the quality chances. Brazil was better; Brazil is better. 

The U.S. was far, far better defensively than seen against Colombia which included Turner making only 1 mistake that led to the goal.