Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

5 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

My spider sense is tingling

As long as I know a cartoon can't play the beautiful game nor being even a football fan, that's bizarre!.  But a real person could ...

Best wishes but , my vast football knowledge is Canada world cup scenario part 2.  You had a choice a rioplatense or an Italian , maybe ...an american can't teach football 

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

After reading recent comments, I am utter relieved we are playing Chile and Peru in large American stadiums.

I shudder to think what would happen if we played them on the streets...

Now you are getting it.  Ask the Aussies or the kiwis when they played there,  we have done it on regular basis every four years .   Remember Reyna circa 1985 with Maradona,  and the Chilean GK Rojas in Rio de Janeiro when he cut his face to get them out for Italy 1990.  They are trying to masquerade the beautiful game into a farce.  

You are entitled to feel optimistic,I wish you can even win the Cup all the way,  I will cheer you !  but the truth is those teams are brutal, streetwise brutal, you can place a camera up to their arses and eventually they will get the better of you.  Playing all out attack is wrong.  Not playing the 2nd string team Vs Argentina it is also a mistake.  The last time I checked a team without a strong midfield strategy defeated you at home and sent you to a play- off with T and T.

Let be serious, Canada goal is to remain undefeated after 3 matches,  if that gets you up to 2nd round then the better 

1 hour ago, JAVIERF said:

Hey My English level is fine, mon frère,  take it easy.  Mock about the streetwise jibe all you want, the truth is not being a streetwise eleven against streetwise footballers ( and people as well) is a drawback.  Your team can't cope with that, you can't buy that in a store, it's like being pregnant for instance for a gal,  you are or aren't pregnant , daisy.  

That's what happened in the last world cup,  you pushed the tree but  no fruits came down then quickly and the belge 1-0 and game over.  Reason?  Streetwise footballers.  Croatia the same , started and the croats schooled ya big time.  Even the Mexicans almost got a result in the refrigerator you placed in the qualies to get ya the upper hand,  after you went 2-0.  

Mock all you want, Canada and this group of footballers can't be streetwise overnight.

Playing Peru is like wanted to be an actor like Robert De Niro without knowing your craft as a  thespian and being a truck driver

Say what?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JAVIERF said:

Now you are getting it.  Ask the Aussies or the kiwis when they played there,  we have done it on regular basis every four years .   Remember Reyna circa 1985 with Maradona,  and the Chilean GK Rojas in Rio de Janeiro when he cut his face to get them out for Italy 1990.  They are trying to masquerade the beautiful game into a farce.  

Chile has always been a odd / conterversial country when it comes world football , from all of what you said plus 1962 vs Italy, and if I recall wasnt there a incident in a COPA 2015 the one Chile hosted where a Chiliean player touched Edison C avani in a weird spot

Edited by gigi riva

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, longlugan said:

I didn't understand a word he said but it wasn't due to his piss poor English. It was mostly because of his absolute lack of vast football knowledge. It just didn't feel streetwise enough for me. 🙄

That's because you didn't grow up in Barracas or Moreno like Javier did. Javier picked up his streetwise philosophy in the villas. He's the Shaft of Argentina. Can ya dig it?

Edited by Sal333

36 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

That's because you didn't grow up in Barracas or Moreno like Javier did. Javier picked up his streetwise philosophy in the villas. He's the Shaft of Argentina. Can ya dig it?

200.gif

10 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

After reading recent comments, I am utter relieved we are playing Chile and Peru in large American stadiums.

I shudder to think what would happen if we played them on the streets...

Everything was going well in our game against Chile until Alexis Sanchez pulled an untimely switchblade on Mathieu Choiniere in the 64th minute and it pretty much unraveled from there. 

5 hours ago, Sal333 said:

Close enough but Saint Antoine of Padua ! Mendoza Bariloche Salta Greater Bs As is the same 

On the richest quartiers liké San Isidro Belgrano San Fernando Olivos the main sport is RUGBY 

Like in the most inequality provinces we have like Tucumán Santa Fé and Santiago del Estero the richest play and dream rugby 🏉.  Plus big cities Mar del Plata and Rosario richest play the rugby 

I'm all for different opinions.... even the most wild ones. But at some point, it feels a bit much to let a poster constantly generalize everyone based on nationalities. Of course to say that certain national teams play a certain way is one thing, but this Javierf guy is too much. 

40 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Close enough but Saint Antoine of Padua ! Mendoza Bariloche Salta Greater Bs As is the same 

On the richest quartiers liké San Isidro Belgrano San Fernando Olivos the main sport is RUGBY 

Like in the most inequality provinces we have like Tucumán Santa Fé and Santiago del Estero the richest play and dream rugby 🏉.  Plus big cities Mar del Plata and Rosario richest play the rugby 

So now you're giving us a geography class?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bigandy said:

I'm all for different opinions.... even the most wild ones. But at some point, it feels a bit much to let a poster constantly generalize everyone based on nationalities. Of course to say that certain national teams play a certain way is one thing, but this Javierf guy is too much. 

Bigandy let me tell you, maybe you are an Eric Hobsbawm fan as it seems to me, " the end of nationalisms" theory  is hot up there of course since the global village concept was developed in Canada

You see good old Eric, He views nationalism as a bourgeois ideological construct, whose "popular" dimension is limited to linguistic, ethnic and cultural solidarities.

I say football it happens as the way you live it is a part of the culture of your people and welfare, public policies and social amenities. 
I mean you play football as how your society is built throughout. You play the beautiful game the way your people live and reacts. 
How they get frustrated and what makes them happy.  

The more your society is equally established the more chances you have to win the WC.  Check the last winners, with a lot of problems Greece, Spain, Brazil and Argentina got big, big trophies and Croatia was near a few times.  

Culture, football , politics and social stratification they all form a sense of togetherness on behalf of football.  

Edited by JAVIERF

54 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Bigandy let me tell you, maybe you are an Eric Hobsbawm fan as it seems to me, " the end of nationalisms" theory  is hot up there of course since the global village concept was developed in Canada

You see good old Eric, He views nationalism as a bourgeois ideological construct, whose "popular" dimension is limited to linguistic, ethnic and cultural solidarities.

I say football it happens as the way you live it is a part of the culture of your people and welfare, public policies and social amenities. 
I mean you play football as how your society is built throughout. You play the beautiful game the way your people live and reacts. 
How they get frustrated and what makes them happy.  

The more your society is equally established the more chances you have to win the WC.  Check the last winners, with a lot of problems Greece, Spain, Brazil and Argentina got big, big trophies and Croatia was near a few times.  

Culture, football , politics and social stratification they all form a sense of togetherness on behalf of football.  

What The Wtf GIF by Justin