Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

All 3 of Canada's potential group opponents won their friendlies yesterday.

Argentina without Messi defeated El Salvador 3-0 in Philadelphia. Cuti Romero, Enzo Fernández and Giovani Lo Celso were the goal scorers.

Peru took care of Nicaragua 2-0 in Lima. Cagliari's Lapadula & Peru-based Grimaldo potted the goals within the first 15 minutes.

In Parma, Albania lost to Chile 3-0. Markers were Brazil-based Vargas, CSKA's Davila & Chile-based Bolados. Replay on DAZN.

Edited by red card

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

^^ If we lose today I will blame this post. 

To be fair you can only blame him if we lose against Argentina. He did mention counting hatched chicks. That's the great eraser.

Has it been discussed as to why group the runner-up and winner of each group stays on the same side of the bracket?  Usually they are distributed so they can only meet again in the final.

3 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

So I'm only looking at the groups of this now and we have Argentina, Peru and Chile and the US has Uruguay, Panama and Bolivia.

Nice....

They are seeded.  Makes a big difference.

6 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

So I'm only looking at the groups of this now and we have Argentina, Peru and Chile and the US has Uruguay, Panama and Bolivia.

Nice....

Some are saying this Uruguay is as good or better than Argentina, they've been strong in their WC qualifiers, beating Brazil at home and Argentina 0-2 away. Second in the WCQ table, behind Argentina.

Then they have Bielsa coaching, who's always fascinating. 

They tied the Basque Country in a friendly today, 1-1.

1 hour ago, Rougeisthecolour said:

There are many resale tickets on ticketmaster but the price is sky high. Was just checking flights and tickets myself. 

Just checked as well.

The match v Argentina is sold out and all that is left is the resale market at $300 USD and up.

For the other 2 group games there seems to be plenty of reasonable tickets

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Just checked as well.

The match v Argentina is sold out and all that is left is the resale market at $300 USD and up.

For the other 2 group games there seems to be plenty of reasonable tickets

Define “reasonable” 

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

I saw people saying Messi wasn't going to play but I can't find that official anywhere. 

What's the story?

There was something floated that teams were making stars pick between the Copa/Euros OR the Olympics.  You can do 1 but not both. However if 1 guy can tell the team to screw themselves i am playing in both it is Messi.