Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Enquiries have started about a small Canada section in Atlanta for the Argentina game (if we make it).  Expect to shell out at least USD 500 per ticket in a supporters section.

For reference, some nosebleed seats are going for over $2,000 each on StubHub.

The other two games against Peru and Chile should be much more reasonably priced

We were targeting that game but now may have to switch focus.  Going to be expensive for that game.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Enquiries have started about a small Canada section in Atlanta for the Argentina game (if we make it).  Expect to shell out at least USD 500 per ticket in a supporters section.

For reference, some nosebleed seats are going for over $2,000 each on StubHub.

The other two games against Peru and Chile should be much more reasonably priced

A glimpse into what it will be like for the World Cup most likely.

P.S. I can't overstate how much I hate scalper sites like StubHub.

7 hours ago, narduch said:

MLS is not breaking for Copa America 2024

I didn't expect it to. It's not like it's as important a competition as the Leagues Cup.

I'll be interested in seeing if they break for the expanded Club World Cup. I would guess they don't, they will just move games for any teams that make it.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

I didn't expect it to. It's not like it's as important a competition as the Leagues Cup.

I'll be interested in seeing if they break for the expanded Club World Cup. I would guess they don't, they will just move games for any teams that make it.

Right now only Seattle is in it.

On 12/8/2023 at 8:58 PM, narduch said:

Are they putting real grass in Atlanta for this?

On 12/12/2023 at 10:30 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I recall seeing a media report (it might have been in Spanish) that all surfaces would be natural grass.

The grass in Atlanta will actually be in place by early April at the absolute latest but probably even earlier.

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2023/12/ninth-annual-shebelieves-cup-presented-by-visa-will-open-on-april-6-in-atlanta

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm reading tickets will be on sale in the next couple weeks. All three group stage games will be available thru Ticketmaster. I know we  wouldn't know for sure but from past experiences, are there any educated guesses on where a Canadian supporters section would be for these games.

Please save the we haven't made it yet. Canada soccer is a mess comments. I'm looking to buy tickets right away because I think they'll be hard to come by at a reasonable price once things go on the secondary market.

Thanks

Edited by SpursFlu

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Shway said:

Saw this article and thought this guys not a true American....he doesn't know that everything revolves around the USA....but he makes great points, some of which we have stated here a lot.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13106037/amp/sergino-dest-copa-america-2024-euros-africa.html

So that's why he took the red card. Man took his disdain for the USA Copa America way too far. 

On 12/13/2023 at 11:35 AM, Ottawafan said:

We were targeting that game but now may have to switch focus.  Going to be expensive for that game.

So Kansas city then?  
that place will never sell out for Copa 

10 hours ago, Ruud said:

So Kansas city then?  
that place will never sell out for Copa 

Our gang who travels for Canada games, trying to get all four of us at the same game/games is proving difficult. Let's make it first and then we will see!!

19 hours ago, Shway said:

Saw this article and thought this guys not a true American....he doesn't know that everything revolves around the USA....but he makes great points, some of which we have stated here a lot.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13106037/amp/sergino-dest-copa-america-2024-euros-africa.html

I do think the 2016 edition was a worse cash grab. "Come celebrate the 100th anniversary of our Federation....in a country that's not a part of it!"

This time it does make more sense (even if money is still obviously a factor). But what I'd really like is another joint competition in 4 years but at a CONMEBOL location. That would be huge, and it's what I think Dest is getting at. And as a Canadian fan, that's what I'd want to see too.

The game in Dallas/Frisco in March is now sold out with only resale tickets left.  The section next to ours are going for over $400 US each.  I guess the Costa Ricans and Hondurans in Texas are buying them all up.  
The Voyageurs section still have some tickets left but we are not sharing the ticket link publicly so if anyone needs a ticket, they should contact me.  
The deadline for buying tickets is the end of this week (Mar 1 or 2) at which time, all remaining tickets will be released for general sale.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not counting chickens before they've hatched, but if we beat T&T today we will play the current World Cup champions in the Copa America. I was curious if we have ever played the reigning champs. So I'm looking it up now. Here is what I've found.

May 26, 1984 - Italy 2 Canada 0 in Toronto. Attendance was 18,000 for this. Apparently this is the only time the men's team has played against Italy!

June 8, 1994 - Germany 2 Canada 0 in Toronto. Attendance was 20,124. West Germany won the 1990 World Cup, but by 1994 Germany was unified into a single team and this friendly was a tune up just before the 1994 World Cup.

*January 12, 1996 - Brazil 4 Canada 1 in Los Angeles in the Gold Cup. Attendance was 8,234. This was actually Brazil's U23 side, hence the asterisk.

That's it.