Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

Just now, SpursFlu said:

Anyone heard talk that Mason Greenwood might join Jamaica?

Yup I have heard it. Not sure if it's just wishful thinking or if there's something to it, but the Jamaicans are definitely talking about it. He and Reiss Nelson, who has seemingly stuck around at Arsenal, which says a lot about him. Different position, but on paper Nelson would be a "Balogun" level recruit for Jamaica. Downside is that he's another winger. What a player to bring off the bench though if Gray or Bailey need a rest.

As for Greenwood, well he's at Getafe now and he's got more La Liga goals than Larin so far. Obviously the ceiling is massive for that guy. On paper he would be the biggest get possible for Jamaica. The fans don't seem perturbed one bit about his case. I don't know a whole lot about it, but I will state the obvious and say there is/was massive hate for the guy, so I can totally see him getting booed heavily playing in USA or Canada, unless sentiment has changed (which I don't imagine it has).

Again though, wide forward where they are stacked. Greenwood, Bailey, Gray and Nelson would give Jamaica the best wide options in CONCACAF, no question. 

17 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

The key was pot 2 and we got the best draw out of that pot. Chile out of pot 3 was a bit tough on the tough side so maybe it balances out. Either way we have 3 very interesting and 2 winnable games

I won't claim to be the expert on south america, but based on the opinions out there Chile and Peru are geriatric. Obviously they have the know-how to navigate these situations, Chile especially. Meanwhile, our naiveity is our achellies heel. BUT if we learned anything from the World Cup and this recent loss to Jamaica, we will show some maturity and growth against both teams, if we get to the tournament of course.

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

I won't claim to be the expert on south america, but based on the opinions out there Chile and Peru are geriatric. Obviously they have the know-how to navigate these situations, Chile especially. Meanwhile, our naiveity is our achellies heel.... 

Oh gawd, I was cringing thinking this was heading back to the "we need our experienced guys out there vs these teams..."

Chile & Peru sit 8th & 10th in WC qualifying 

I would put them both around Panama at the moment

Will be both very difficult games but I think we could win either. If we can make it.. I think its good we play Argentina first so we get use to the style of play. Obviously 6 or 4 pts is the goal. The crossover is with the Mexico group.. which I think is the weakest group. Maybe the toughest group in that anything can happen but will probably have the weakest group winner

Edited by SpursFlu

18 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Chile & Peru sit 8th & 10th in WC qualifying 

I would put them both around Panama at the moment

I very much like ELO ratings and as things currently stand those ratings say:

29 Panama
35 Peru
42 Canada
44 Chile

Which I think is accurate on the whole. We have the ability to beat them but need to put in a very good effort to do so. We also need to beat T&T, first.

Canada must beat the Trinis ,    Yorke playing no more,  anywho,  But Argentina doesn't play anything like Peru nor Chile ,  Uruguay and Argentina play similar ,  maybe Paraguay ,   Peru and Chile are similar and so. Bolivia with lesser players ,  Brazil is unique. And then the northern countries Colombia , Ecuador and Venezuela are similar . 

That's how it has always been. 

Brazil the Portuguese South America 

Bolivia Chile Peru  the Pacific trench region, 

Colombia Ecuador and Venezuela the Caribbean South America

Uruguay Paraguay and Argentina the southern America  Rioplatense-south  Atlantic 

Enquiries have started about a small Canada section in Atlanta for the Argentina game (if we make it).  Expect to shell out at least USD 500 per ticket in a supporters section.

For reference, some nosebleed seats are going for over $2,000 each on StubHub.

The other two games against Peru and Chile should be much more reasonably priced

Just now, JamboAl said:

Enquiries have started about a small Canada section in Atlanta for the Argentina game (if we make it).  Expect to shell out at least USD 500 per ticket in a supporters section.

For reference, some nosebleed seats are going for over $2,000 each on StubHub.

Tickets have already went on sale?