Levonte Johnson

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, VinceA said:

With his substitutelion, there's no more Canadians on the pitch for Vancouver. In the Canadian Championship final.

The Athletic Bilbao of Canada indeed.

Give it a couple of years..Gauld is coming 😛 

Zero Canadians played in the draw with Sporting KC at the weekend either. Hugely disappointing. 

Levonte looked great tonight. He really doesn't have the pace to go further than a bit part MLS player imo. Hope he proves me wrong. 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Levonte looked great tonight. He really doesn't have the pace to go further than a bit part MLS player imo. Hope he proves me wrong. 

Pace/directness is probably his best and in my personal opinion, his only trait that makes him stand out.

Edited by Footyeh

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Got the start tonight vs Seattle at LWB and has shown some really good stuff taking guys on 1 v 1. Drew the foul for the free kick leading to the opening goal by Veselinovic.

Nice to see him get the start. Thought he was good 1 v 1, but his crosses in to the box need to be better.  Some of that might just be learning how his teammates play, but a few too many of them were just sort of to no one.

Just now, Watchmen said:

Nice to see him get the start. Thought he was good 1 v 1, but his crosses in to the box need to be better.  Some of that might just be learning how his teammates play, but a few too many of them were just sort of to no one.

I posted in the Canada thread about Ahmed getting surprised by that Guadeloupe's players pace and strength on the dribble because you haven't been exposed to it before, and I think the same things happened with the experienced Alex Roldan facing Johnson for the first time.  He is a bigger guy with a sneaky burst (not unlike Bair) and he got the measure of Roldan and the other defenders a number of times taking it to the line.

• 1 year later...
58 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

He placed it nicely here.  But just before, he had about 90% of the net to shoot at and instead hit the goalie square in the face so hard it knocked him out and he had to be stretchered off.  They're not showing that play, but it's why there's comments of "placement > power".  He also picked up an assist with a nice play, but then missed an even easier pass on a 3 on 2 break.

Johnson will continue to get time off the bench, and he should, but there's some consistency to his game he needs to work on.

4 hours ago, Watchmen said:

He placed it nicely here.  But just before, he had about 90% of the net to shoot at and instead hit the goalie square in the face so hard it knocked him out and he had to be stretchered off.  They're not showing that play, but it's why there's comments of "placement > power".  He also picked up an assist with a nice play, but then missed an even easier pass on a 3 on 2 break.

Johnson will continue to get time off the bench, and he should, but there's some consistency to his game he needs to work on.

Although Johnson's KO might've been 4D chess, since the replacement GK was not good at all (and probably should've stopped Johnson's goal, and maybe Vite's too).  😉