Nathan Saliba

Grandbloke

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Really think he could get his move in the winter, I swear he’s ahead of Kone at this age and more consistent.

That's a big claim considering that Kone was playing games at the World Cup at the age Saliba is now and was just about to or had just moved to Watford. But I'll admit I haven't watched him much for Montreal.

5 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Would be interested to hear how he played from anyone who watched the game. 

I watched the game at the Saputo Stadium. You can see my two last posts above. The first post is about the reason of his substitution (my photo). The second post is about his performance of this game.

13 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

That's a big claim considering that Kone was playing games at the World Cup at the age Saliba is now and was just about to or had just moved to Watford. But I'll admit I haven't watched him much for Montreal.

Kone had better highs but put up more stinkers- he has some tough stretches in Montreal that one year. Better way to look at it is that Saliba will give you a good 7.5/10 game pretty much every week whereas Kone would give you more 9/10 performances but also some 4/10s. I don’t think Saliba is ahead of him, but I could imagine a scenario where both players are the same age and playing for Montreal at the same time, with Saliba starting over Kone in some games because he’s a safer bet. 

Kone has a lot more skill and that’s why he moved to such a good club so early on, I don’t think Saliba will make the same move at the same age, but whoever is lucky enough to buy him will be getting a very strong player who plays far beyond his years. Would like to see him add a little extra offense to his game, but now that Choiniere is gone, there’s a very good argument that he’s CFM’s best midfielder. 

On 8/25/2024 at 10:58 AM, ahmedou said:

He has to ability to be a good midfielder.

He has better potential than Piette and Choiniere.

They got to give him the keys of the midfield.

And he has to show what he got. And working on his stats (0 goal, 0 assist).

HE'S DEFINITELY A GOOD MIDFIELDER!

HE DEFINITELY HAS BETTER POTENTIAL THAN PIETTE ET CHOINIERE!

THEY'RE GIVING HIM THE KEYS OF THE MIDFIELD!

AND HE'S SHOWING WHAT HE GOT! AND HE WORKED ON HIS STATS! HIS FIRST CAREER GOAL FINALLY! THE FIRST OF MANY!