Ronan Kratt

Ansem

9 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Is he with Canada's U 23 team or?

This just goes to show that the importance of the CSA holding camps and friendlies for the younger age groups. We need to see a fellow like Kratt among his age peers so we can evaluate and engage his international future. Canada needs to build and maintain momentum and excitement from the World Cup experience and create a production line, if you will, of potential national team players. Here's to a good Camp Poutine, and more, and a look at some young prospects. I would guess that there would be a mid level CONCACAF nation which would play a friendly.

1 hour ago, Stoppage Time said:

This just goes to show that the importance of the CSA holding camps and friendlies for the younger age groups. We need to see a fellow like Kratt among his age peers so we can evaluate and engage his international future. Canada needs to build and maintain momentum and excitement from the World Cup experience and create a production line, if you will, of potential national team players. Here's to a good Camp Poutine, and more, and a look at some young prospects. I would guess that there would be a mid level CONCACAF nation which would play a friendly.

Exactly because we need to keep our golden generation of Canadian players going into 2026 and even beyond

14 hours ago, Atlantic said:

I don't want to sound like a pessimist but after what happened to Halbouni at Werder Bremen II I'm not going to get overly excited yet. This is good for the CPL though. 

Got regular minutes for Werder Bremen II and earned a move to a Bundesliga 2 side? That would be incredible.

• 4 weeks later...

Exciting opportunity for him. Sounds like he is going into their first team pool. Imagine he will be in the reserves/youth first though.

It says great deal for York, not if it just ends up being a loan and they dont get the fee. Really exciting all round though and a great look for the league again.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Exciting opportunity for him. Sounds like he is going into their first team pool. Imagine he will be in the reserves/youth first though.

It says great deal for York, not if it just ends up being a loan and they dont get the fee. Really exciting all round though and a great look for the league again.

Well they pay the salary, so that can then go to another player. And York retain the rights.

And it keeps the transfer fee alive, since if he does play and does get minutes, gets seen and the value is there, either WB or another team may make an offer.

Obviously it is very good for the CPL, if he does get B1 minutes then basically York will have done better than any of the MLS teams in placing a player in a top league (SPL, Championship, Cornelius to Sweden, etc).