Match Thread: World Cup Group F - Matchday 2 - Croatia v Canada - November 27, 2022 - 7pm local time / 11am ET / 8am PT

narduch

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

People here are getting ridiculous.

Sometimes you go up against a much better team.

Sure you are also getting ridiculously too defensive. Given up were the wrong words, this isnt a team that throws in the towel conciously but the rest is accurate. They ground us down after they adapted to our changes and we are gassed mentally and physically. Just because the opposition is better doesn't make it any less accurate. 

3 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

The first 15 minutes or so, Davies was absolutely killing their right back. Why the hell we stopped giving him the ball for the rest of that first half I have no idea, but that was where the danger was coming from if we just took it.

They slowed the tempo and got the Ball, 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Sure you are also getting ridiculously too defensive. Given up were the wrong words, this isnt a team that throws in the towel conciously but the rest is accurate. They ground us down after they adapted to our changes and we are gassed mentally and physically. Just because the opposition is better doesn't make it any less accurate. 

Don't say "given up" then because that means something very specific when referring to a team on the pitch.

This is about the best result I could have hoped for out of this match when the group was drawn.

Edited by jonovision

42 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I actually think Cav’s skills are best suited for this as he can hold up and be an outlet. Larin and David have been failing at that so far. Not sure if Ugbo is better option 

I agree, and I'll give you ten bonus points for saying, "skills" instead of the oddball "skillset" that's invaded the vernacular in recent years.