Match Thread: World Cup Group F - Matchday 2 - Croatia v Canada - November 27, 2022 - 7pm local time / 11am ET / 8am PT

narduch

Just now, toontownman said:

I dread to think of the Croatian tabloid front page images tomorrow lol

We have just given up. After a bright start Croatia quickly adapted to our change of tactics and waited until we wound down.

‘F’ Kanada. Of that there is no doubt. 

😠

Herdman's errors: Half time should have replaced Johnston with Adegkube, and switched Laryea to the right side.

Hutchinson was gassed by halftime and should have been switched out immediately.

David was less effective than Larin who should have stayed in a s a target guy.

Defence was brought down to earth today.

Croatia is a very good team. 

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I dread to think of the Croatian tabloid front page images tomorrow lol

We have just given up. After a bright start Croatia quickly adapted to our change of tactics and waited until we wound down.

People here are getting ridiculous.

Sometimes you go up against a much better team.

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

Herdman not taking off Atiba will go down as his biggest mistake since 2019.

Yeah. How many of the 3 goals would have been prevented had Atiba been subbed off earlier? People on this thread started noting he just couldn't follow around the 25'-30' mark. Even to a very casual fan like me, it was obvious before the 2nd Croatian goal that he was a huge liability.

Just now, jonovision said:

People here are getting ridiculous.

Sometimes you go up against a much better team.

I think for a lot of people the way Herdman decided to set up is what cost us, especially as many have called for a midfield trio against the best triangle in the world. Herdman was either naive or arrogant in thinking (despite the early goal) that Atiba and Eustaquio would be able to hold on.

Eustaquio going down though is unlucky.