Gameday prediction contest

dyslexic nam

Resurrecting this one and carrying it over into tomorrow’s game.  At this point I am treating @superstarsslike he has a bit of a head start given the nice nutmeg prediction.   @SthMelbRed also has some starting points for making me damn near cry reading his post.  

Due to the carry over, the prize will be a Kone card and a Jonathan David card to keep the pot building.   

And I warned you it was a dictatorship  so there is no ombudsman you can complain to.  

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Resurrecting this one and carrying it over into tomorrow’s game.  At this point I am treating @superstarsslike he has a bit of a head start given the nice nutmeg prediction.   @SthMelbRed also has some starting points for making me damn near cry reading his post.  

Due to the carry over, the prize will be a Kone card and a Jonathan David card to keep the pot building.   

And I warned you it was a dictatorship  so there is no ombudsman you can complain to.  

A lead! Hopefully I can hold onto it unlike Germany and Argentina.

Predictions against Croatia:

• Canada wins 2-0. Goals from David and Buchanan. 
  • 88" scuffle due to a hard tackle from a Croatian defender on Laryea.
  • Dalic (Croatia coach) refuses to shake Herdman's hand after the game.
  • Hoillet sends Perisic to the shadow realm with a move that drops the Croatian and makes him stay on the ground
  • Borjan is booed every time he touches the ball, but smiles while waving to the crowd

1 hour ago, superstarss said:

Predictions against Croatia

Those are some good ones.

I will go with similar predictions as last time.

- A member of staff ( a non-player ) will get a yellow card. Either Canada or Croatia

- A post or crossbar will be hit

- Sam Adekugbe will get a yellow

- No player will cry during the anthem this time

- All things considered, we had very little CONCACAFing against Belgium. There will be WAY more CONCACAFing in the Croatia match and Borjan will go down for something suspect.

- Someone will get a red card ( player or staff ) from either Canada or Croatia

My (crystal ball) original prediction was a 2-0 defeat to Croatia BUT now I see a 3-1 win. Vitoria with our first W/C goal off a corner and J. David scores 2. Also a couple of red cards late in the game, one to each team. I better be right because I'm having 16 people at the house watching the game (12 for the Belgium game) and I'll be telling them the same thing. 😀.....and I'd rather be happy and drunk and not sad and drunk.🍸🍷

My predictions.....

1. We win 2-1. One goal each from the Super Daves, each redeeming themselves somewhat for the Belgium match.
  2. Modric will get sent off for a second booking mid-way through the second half.
  3. There will be an altercation between the two benches late in the game.
  4. Everybody on this board will have at least one Croat-Canadian friend or acquaintance who still refuses to give Canada any respect, despite winning on the pitch. Some of the excuses will be Trumpian in their audacity.

I'm going to recycle my predictions:

On 11/26/2022 at 2:57 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

- A member of staff ( a non-player ) will get a yellow card. Either Canada or Morocco

- A post or crossbar will be hit

- Sam Adekugbe will get a yellow

- No player will cry during the anthem this time

- There will be WAY more CONCACAFing and Borjan will go down for something suspect.

- Someone will get a red card ( player or staff ) from either Canada or Morocco

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille