Gameday prediction contest

dyslexic nam

I will be reduced to tears, sitting alone on my couch at nearly 3 am in Melbourne, as Les Rouges walk out onto a World Cup pitch for the first time in 36+ years and I think back on all the losses I suffered through at Swangard in my younger days, Nick Dasovic's OG at Commonwealth against the Socceroos, the 18 hours me and my buddies drove through the night to get to Palo Alto in '97, only to be down 2 goals to the Yanks inside 10 minutes, 8 fucking 1, that cunt Archundia, and so many other things. I will then pour myself a glass of 25 YO single malt and raise a glass to Dom Mobilio, Tony Waiters, Graham Leggett, my uncle who passed away last year, and so many others who didn't live to see it.

51 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I will be reduced to tears, sitting alone on my couch at nearly 3 am in Melbourne, as Les Rouges walk out onto a World Cup pitch for the first time in 36+ years and I think back on all the losses I suffered through at Swangard in my younger days, Nick Dasovic's OG at Commonwealth against the Socceroos, the 18 hours me and my buddies drove through the night to get to Palo Alto in '97, only to be down 2 goals to the Yanks inside 10 minutes, 8 fucking 1, that cunt Archundia, and so many other things. I will then pour myself a glass of 25 YO single malt and raise a glass to Dom Mobilio, Tony Waiters, Graham Leggett, my uncle who passed away last year, and so many others who didn't live to see it.

that was... beautiful

In the 88th Vitoria smashes home a header off a Eustaquio inswinging corner. We'll already be up 3-2 on goals by Davies, Hoilett and Eustaquio. Stacks with the MOTM (this acronym wins no matter what happens}:

Edit: 4-2 final. My goal scorers are in order. Davies scores first. Our boys are locked in, they're battle tested...what a freaking day to be alive!

Edited by PegCityCam

7 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'm an hour ahead of you, and I'll be drinking coffee instead, but other than that, our stories are pretty similar. 

De Bruyne scores from outside the box.

Both teams accumulate lots of yellows.

Belgium gives away a penalty. David scores - no panenka. 

Buchanon scores and does a backflip.

Davies tries to do too much on the ball and gives up a counter leading to a goal.

There are lots of goals in the game. 3-2 Canada.

In the crowd, Canada fans are seen dressed as a moose, beaver, and lumberjack.

14 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Are we allowed to do multiple predictions? My original post also included:

- Atiba goal off a set piece

- Jonathan David hits a cross bar within the first 20 minutes

- Canada up 2-1 in extra time, Borjan jumps on the ball after a tense Belgium attack, stays down, then he looks up and smirks, and that photo becomes an icon in Canadian sports history.

- Liam Fraser sees the pitch

- Canada scores off a PK

So much this!

- Canada up 2-1 in extra time, Borjan jumps on the ball after a tense Belgium attack, stays down, then he looks up and smirks, and that photo becomes an icon in Canadian sports history.

I chukled, almost shed a tear and got the chills reading this one line.

Canada wins 2-0

Atiba with the first goal in the 62nd minute. Davies with the counter attack goal after Belgium commits everyone forward in the 90 + 2' minute.

Eustaquio nutmegs De Bruyne

Buchanan drops Vertonghen with a move that includes 7 stepovers

Kone puts up such an impressive second half substitute performance he earns a transfer to Club Brugge in second half stoppage time. 

On 11/23/2022 at 10:56 AM, superstarss said:

Canada wins 2-0

Atiba with the first goal in the 62nd minute. Davies with the counter attack goal after Belgium commits everyone forward in the 90 + 2' minute.

Eustaquio nutmegs De Bruyne

Buchanan drops Vertonghen with a move that includes 7 stepovers

Kone puts up such an impressive second half substitute performance he earns a transfer to Club Brugge in second half stoppage time. 

It's not my contest or decision, but this for the win...