Gameday prediction contest

dyslexic nam

Alright - gameday prediction contest time.  

The prize:  

• Topps Now card of either Jonathan David or Ismael Kone.  Both are rookies.  Neither is going to let you retire early but they are cool cards and they will be free and shipped to you.  If they arrive damaged, take it up with Canada Post.  And if the winner has both of those cards already, I will try to sub in a suitable alternative.   

The rules:

• pretty straightforward- you just make some bold predictions for the game tomorrow.   This could include formation, final score, score at half, goal scorers, assisters, starting line, who subs and when, etc.  Bonus points for really nailing the shit out of something.   And randomness is appreciated.  

• Contest closes when lineups are announced.  I probably won’t be around the forum during game time as I want to focus solely on the game tomorrow, so I will rely on your honesty.   Except @El Hombre - I will be carefully checking the time stamp of his post should he choose to participate.  

The catch:

• This is an authoritarian exercise by yours truly, so winning is decided solely at my discretion (though like all benevolent dictators I will try to be fair).  There could be some mild democratic undertones insofar as I may consider “likes” as a proxy indicator for general ballsiness, but overall it would be too complicated to make it truly mathematical so I just need to go with my gut.  This means that if I have you blocked, you probably aren’t winning…

Random predictions:

- A member of the Canada Soccer staff (a non-player) will get a yellow.

- Sam Adekugbe will get the first yellow card for Canada

- They lied and one of Borjan, Eustáquio or Davies will not actually be in the starting XI.

- Dayne St. Clair will have kept his beard and Liam Millar won't have shaved either.

Are we allowed to do multiple predictions? My original post also included:

- Atiba goal off a set piece

- Jonathan David hits a cross bar within the first 20 minutes

- Canada up 2-1 in extra time, Borjan jumps on the ball after a tense Belgium attack, stays down, then he looks up and smirks, and that photo becomes an icon in Canadian sports history.

- Liam Fraser sees the pitch

- Canada scores off a PK

Edited by InglewoodJack

Good shit, lads, all of it!!

--

My perdictions:

1. Herdman will say "good, good" like a cooing pigeon every time we win back the ball and make a successful pass

2. Jason Devos will bring a clipboard to Herdman toward minute 33, and then at 61, and Herdman will nod at whatever is written there, nod seriously at Jason to make him feel "listened to", then proceed to urge our guys on while doing a half-squat

3. Vittoria with the first tactical yellow at minute 27

4. Tajon skins the left back, draws the foul, but the ref gives Belgium the throw instead: minute 15

5. Camera pan of the crowd shows at least 350 of the most beautiful hosers in the world, at least 10% of them not wearing anything on top, but all of them covered in glorious red maple leaves

6. TSN pre-game show cuts to PM Trudeau, and even us liberals wish they hadn't. Everyone hits mute until he's done talking

7. Belgium 5 - Canada 0 (For old time-y sake)

3 minutes ago, The Pessimist said:

-Alphonso Davies re-injures his hamstring at minute 19'

-Canada will lose 2-nil but following is the same pattern that has been repeated for the last 50 years, everyone will still be patting them on the back because they held their own

Sheesh! Maybe change your handle to "The Cynic". You make Pessimists sound cheery in comparison.