Match Thread: World Cup Group F - Matchday 1 - Belgium v Canada - November 23, 2022 - 10pm local time / 2pm ET / 11am PT

narduch

I am incredibly happy with the quality of play so far.  

I love Davies but it was greedy for him to grab the ball.  If it wasn’t for wanting the legacy of scoring Canada’s first goal ever at the WC, that is taken by someone who statistically has a better chance and we likely grabbed the lead.

As expected our defence is the are where we are showing the most vulnerability. 

I wish Davies was tighter to his man on the left   I don’t like him having to sprint to get back into position.   Tough call I guess when he is expected to also contribute offensively.

Tajon could/should have had the opener with the cross coming in when he was sliding   Oof  

And sharing the criticism around, if David slides the square ball to a wide open Richie, he has a huge chance.

Lota of bitching from me  but it shouldn’t overshadow the amazing footy we just played   1-0 or not, we just showed the world that we can go toe to toe with anyone.  Croatia and Morocco better be paying attention