Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

5 minutes ago, The Pessimist said:

Interesting how Croatia is criticized for 'bunkering', but if Canada had deployed those tactics to win a game we would be praising them for deploying a successful game plan.

But of course.  And whats wrong with that.  This is a Canadian NT fan forum, so when or if we deploy those tactics , I/we are speaking as Canadian supporters.  We look at the other games, I/we are speaking as neutrals

Edited by Free kick

3 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Is this ref on the take?

Yellow for the tackle… good. No yellow for blasting the ball into the Dutch bench causing the benches to clear. 

I don't think you can penalize a player for how they play the ball while on the pitch, there's no requirement to consider the spectators in your clearance.

1 minute ago, 74 Whitecap said:

I don't think you can penalize a player for how they play the ball while on the pitch, there's no requirement to consider the spectators in your clearance.

Thought you couldn’t blast the ball out of play in frustrating after a call is made against you. Seen that yellow plenty of times 

1 minute ago, canuckgbp said:

Thought you couldn’t blast the ball out of play in frustrating after a call is made against you. Seen that yellow plenty of times 

Yeah, after the whistle, for sure you could/should give a yellow, but there wasn't much in it between the whistle and the kick, so I think the ref didn't take it as an after the whistle kick.

Just now, 74 Whitecap said:

Yeah, after the whistle, for sure you could/should give a yellow, but there wasn't much in it between the whistle and the kick, so I think the ref didn't take it as an after the whistle kick.

This ref didn’t give Messi a yellow for an intentional handball so idk