Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

16 hours ago, Allez les Rouges said:

True, but Canada's first half hour against Morocco was almost embarrassing, while Australia was sound defensively. I'd like to be encouraged by what happened subsequently, but I feel that Morocco just took its foot off the gas.

The first half hour was embarrassing but not because Morocco dominated us. In fact, I didn’t think they did very much the whole match which was reflected in their xG figure. It was just that we were comical in how bad we played that first 30.

4 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

I see Borna Barišić is playing. Rangers left back getting a look in is a reminder that a team that has Celtic's soon to be new right back on board probably shouldn't be drastically out of place against this sort of opposition if the manager gets the tactics right.

If you were looking for that, probably a more direct indication would be that the current Celtic rightback is playing on the other side of that backline.

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Maybe our group wasn't as hard as we've convinced ourselves?

It’s simply a coping mechanism to deal with the failure to get results. None of our opponents were unbeatable juggernauts 

Edited by Floortom

21 minutes ago, Floortom said:

It’s simply a coping mechanism to deal with the failure to get results. None of our opponents were unbeatable juggernauts 

It looks worse by the day. Belgium out in the group stage. Croatia not decisively better than anyone yet (and still have only scored against us). 

I thought this may by the case before the WC -although I had them second in my bracket to Croatia - but Morocco may be the best team of the four. I think they're going to give Spain a real go tomorrow.

Haha on queue - Croatia scores

Edited by kingvikingstad

Still this game shows what happens when you don't let Croatia keep bossing the central midfield long after it was obvious a tactical adjustment was needed. Suspect Croatia are going to win this because they have a wee bit extra quality in the shape of Modrić and Brozović but Japan are showing how to make more of a game out of it.