Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

29 minutes ago, jonovision said:

If Denmark loses to Australia you'd have to say they are the biggest disappointment of the tournament.

Number 1 with a bullet.  Losing out to Blokeball here is the cherry on the sh*t sundae.

And I get eat to crow with my derisive comments about the Aussies and their lack of craft.  They just needed a little bit of it but a whole bunch more of graft to do the job today.  Well done!

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Tha call in the France Tunisia game was a bit odd for me.  IMO that seemed like it was the second phase of the play.  Griezman was clearly initially offside but I am unclear how long that affects the play.  

Didn't the Tunisian player head the ball that Griezman jumped on?

Now that it has settled in that we wont be advancing, that match versus Morocco now takes on a different meaning for me.    When you consider that even Costa Rica managed to get a win, its now face saving to get three points.  And it would be a set back for the program and the game in Canada to go home with no point or even just one point withe 2026 just four years away.   Many of the pot 4 teams got wins so far (eg.: Aus, Ecu, CRC, KSA, GHA).    Group F was never going to be an easy group, but it sure as hell wasn’t the toughest either.  

Edited by Free kick

Just now, Free kick said:

And Mex got two goals off of set pieces.   Thats something else Herdman will have to address for 2026.  We are just not dangerous on set pieces, especially free kicks outside the box.

Eustaquio and Hoilett are the best we have at delivering the kicks.  Davies is not that great at it.  With Victoria retiring, we need someone to replace him.

6 minutes ago, Free kick said:

And Mex got two goals off of set pieces.   Thats something else Herdman will have to address for 2026.  We are just not dangerous on set pieces, especially free kicks outside the box.  We have no one on our squad who has this role at the club level.  

Vitoria is capable. 

But we use him as a target on free kicks