Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

6 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Kinda frustrating to see a team with so little quality as Australia do relatively well in a world cup and we're out after 2 games.

You can grind out results if you are committed to playing defensive or negative football like Costa Rica and perhaps Australia (I'm not watching the game), but do we want our program to go back to Floro football?  We just need a big upgrade in our CBs (not an easy ask) and one more strong CM

12 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Kinda frustrating to see a team with so little quality as Australia do relatively well in a world cup and we're out after 2 games.

Australia may not have our quality, but as a program they have much more WC experience as they've made every WC since 2006. It's hard to understate the importance of having played in this tournament before, or having a veteran section of your team that has. Obviously we all hoped for some better results than what Canada has gotten, but this is a young squad in general where every single player is in their first WC. This year is all about building experience to hopefully make some noise in 2026.

32 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

You can grind out results if you are committed to playing defensive or negative football like Costa Rica and perhaps Australia (I'm not watching the game), but do we want our program to go back to Floro football?  We just need a big upgrade in our CBs (not an easy ask) and one more strong CM

I agree Floro football was boring, but if we could have him coach one game, I think he would of got the win against Croatia 😜