Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

I have a great buddy who is Ecuadorian. Travelled to Quito with him in 2014 before we both went on to Rio to watch Ecuador vs France. Aside from the scoreless draw I witnessed at the Maracana (would have loved to see a goal at my first World Cup) the two weeks between Quito and Rio as probably my favorite trip ever. 

Anyway, Ecuador has always been another team I like to root for. Sad to see them not advance. I thought they had a great performance during the Group. Hope they make it to 2026 (would love to see them play Canada sometime for the banter!)

34 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Exercising your right to protest puts your life at stake.

I like the Welsh, lots of friends, some in-laws and lots of history so I would like a scenario where they advance with England.  But great respect to the Iranian players and would not be too upset if they do the States. 

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Those vuvuzelas are going to drive me crazy.   Surely we have reached a point in the evolution of digital TV where I should be able to control the level of stadium noise vs commentary.    

I agree.

I need to able to mute many of the commentating teams!

9 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Iran are dire. Their bus wont hold up 90 minuted

As we all know, 90+ minute matches sometimes get determined by key moments.  They get a goal on the break and Old Man Mo suddenly goes the other way.  

Or, the Americans get one, then another, then Sargent gets a brace to make it four and gets proclaimed as world class by the Fox pundits while his transfermarket value artificially surges.