Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It is exhausting having to cover 4 games a day.  I am going to one game a day personally and if it’s a 10 pm kickoff here, you won’t get back til at least 1-2 am.  Then repeat next day. 

Yeah but your cheering your guts out eh??

In today’s episode of Canadian Media Twitter Wars:

- Kevin Kilbane has now accused Paul Peschisolido of being racist

- Craig Forrest says Kilbane and Caldwell should not take anything Pesch said personally because it is all the CSA’s fault somehow

- Kristian Jack has entered the fray with a photo of himself and Carlos Valderama calling Pesch xenophobic 

- Kilbane’s wife has also jumped in to tell Pesch to get his own job

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!

Edited by Gian-Luca

8 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

In today’s episode of Canadian Media Twitter Wars:

- Kevin Kilbane has now accused Paul Peschisolido of being racist

- Craig Forrest says Kilbane and Caldwell should not take anything Pesch said personally because it is all the CSA’s fault somehow

- Kristian Jack has entered the fray with a photo of himself and Carlos Valderama calling Pesch xenophobic 

- Kilbane’s wife has also jumped in to tell Pesch to get his own job

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!

Too bad about Kilbane's wife, she should know better than to interrupt a bunch of white men having a serious debate.

Pretty disappointing display from Japan, they really blew it. Costa Rica score on their only goal scoring chance in two games with some woeful keeping playing a major part, and even then after a silly giveaway. Incredible that Costa Rica get Concacaf’s first win after playing so poorly and negatively. And they ruined my “Concacaf will be overdue for goals and wins by the time Canada plays” prediction

Costa Rica even with this win against Japan it doesn't really mean anything because of their negative goal difference after they got walloped by Spain 7-0 in the first game. Yeah their goal difference is still -6 but then what if Germany beats Spain today? Then every team ends up on 3 points heading into final match day which makes things interesting 

Cross-posting the scenario analysis I posted in another thread a few days ago.

Each outcome of BEL/MAR has its advantages, but overall, I think it's pretty clear that a draw is best for Canada. It is the only scenario where Canada could head into the final game knowing that a draw would be enough (requires 2-goal win vs. CRO).