Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

5 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Yeah but Flores probably won't be in their team until after Qatar. He will probably show up for them during CONCACAF Nations League in the build up towards Gold Cup if anything.

Well yes, he didn't make the squad, so obviously he won't play until after Qatar. I just meant they lack creativity, so they need him more than we do (if he reaches his potential and its more than just hype) 

Edited by rydermike

50 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Paul Peschisolido is not impressed- he has taken to Twitter to rip apart TSN for not using enough Canadians and too many British commentators, comparing them unfavourably to the way Fox uses exclusively Americans 

Well, I guess Baroness Brady's cuck can go f*ck himself.  

Pretty unlikely Mexico makes it out of the group now. Will need to get through on goal difference vs Poland (assuming Poland loses vs Argentina and Mexico beats Saudi) which is going to be a challenge as Poland is currently +2 and Mexico -2.

mexico really needs to reset. We all saw this coming based on the octagonal. They’re old, don’t really create chances and have few playing at top clubs in Europe 

Edited by Floortom

3 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Pretty unlikely Mexico makes it out of the group now. Will need to get through on goal difference vs Poland (assuming Poland loses vs Argentina and Mexico beats Saudi) which is going to be a challenge as Poland is currently +2 and Mexico -2.

mexico really needs to reset. We all so this coming based on the octagonal. They’re old, don’t really create chances and have few playing at top clubs in Europe 

Mexico needs a youth movement much like every big team has needed a youth movement to reset their national team, Mexico may need to do that especially for 2026

11 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

1 goal for Concacaf after six matches. Hopefully it will be 1 goal after 7 matches, and then Canada makes it 5 goals after 8 matches just from the region being overdue 

The lack of goal scoring might be a bit surprising, but the games CONCACAF sides have lost have been against the #2, 3, and 7 sides in the world. Probably the most disappointing results were draws: Mexico-Poland and especially USA-Wales.

Speaking of lack of punch, there are a bunch of expected goals models out there, but the xG I saw for ARG-MEX was 0.28-0.26. Toothless.

Edited by jonovision

5 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I have been impressed with Lindsay Hamilton as a host. I suspect she is a newbie to soccer but you would not know it when she hosts. She seems to have done her homework and research.

I think she has done well in several aspects.  Most importantly, as a panel host, she doesn't try to inject too much of herself into the discussion.  She knows her role and keeps it low key for now.

One thing she should change is her intro to the show.  Saying "...and these are my 2 (or 3) colleagues who have played the beautiful game..." is redundant:  unless that dumbass "Ochocinco" gets parachuted into our broadcast, that's why those individuals are there.  Just change it up a bit.

Not sure how much sleep these on-air folks are getting or if they are battling illness.  Duthie's eyes tell me he found the Budweiser winner beers!  Beckie has also looked really tired at times.  Get an I.V. of Dayquil into them, stat!

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

mexico really needs to reset. We all saw this coming based on the octagonal. They’re old, don’t really create chances and have few playing at top clubs in Europe 

Just related: the Argentines actually do need to win to go through for sure, and win to come first in the group. Tat would reduce the goal difference favouring Poland. So if Mexico beat the Saudis, the chances are there. 

Only Poland can play for a draw and qualify out of the group for sure.

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Did Caldwell switch citizenship or something?? Cause he sure sounds scottish.  

He's the ex Canadian national coach Kilbane was referring to. He may have Canadian citizenship by now though, like Wileman does.