Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

Just now, Kadenge said:

Wasn't  CR the best team points wise in the 2nd half of WCQ? Not much offense but they were solid defensively. We only won 1-0 at home.  Looks like their age is showing v Spain

They’re very tough at home and are able to grind out 1-0 wins. Plus they got pretty lucky against us.

34 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I’m shocked that CR are this bad. They really felt like the only team in concacaf that might’ve been better than us, especially towards the end of the octo. 

I re-watched a good chunk of Canada at Costa Rica the other day. Canada dominated most of the match while a man down. We didn't score due to a combination of bad luck and poor finishing. 

They can play compact and organized, but once they go down and have to open up to try to score, they don't have a lot going for them.

Edited by jonovision

Was half-watching while doing a Zoom class....

Total domination but a very poor performance from Costa Rica. You'd expect them to at least prepare for the rival, but I see no evidence they did: you don't line up a 5-man back line vs. a team with no centre forward and known for its midfield play and wingers playing on the wrong foot.

Gavi, not even 18 and a half, youngest player ever for Spain in a WC....until Badle came on 2nd half, he's even younger. Gavi is a funny player because despite being a kid, he kicks the hell out of rivals and gets into constant spats. Like just a while ago with Waston, he doesn't back down. Helluva character for someone his age who is really a dynamic mid (and beautiful goal he took).

Next fixture Germany-Spain is going to be excellent.

Just scored the sixth....Carles Soler.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Vamos la Celeste y el Pepe Mújica!!! If there is a team I wanna see doing well is Uruguayo our cousin.  Of course Canadá and Wales toó because they fought hard to be here.  W.C football taught a lesson to the canucks,  it is a ruthless merciless old game.  1st half Canada was almost perfection but the goal from Batshuani.